delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there was the hr tl and now it’s just me in tsc, because as you know, the ETL hr has to do a lot on the floor so I try not to bother them and take as much off heir plate as I am allowed to. Meaning that I offer as much help as I can in hr because I know they have a lot to do this time of year and can’t handle clerical stuff since that’s what I’m for

It's doable alone. My advice is to really prioritize. I used to walk tms on how to do a punch correction or setup ehr. Now I give them a hand out and let them be.

When my etl hr is LOD you can believe I go in her office lock the door and work in peace. They are often the only ones to get their own printer besides AP.

Having more work on you is definitely difficult. I went from being 1 of 5 hrtms at my old store to it being just me but know there are low volumes where the HR only gets 24 hours a week. Be thankful for the consistent schedule

It’s fine. I just needed people to ground me, because I was getting a sense of entitlement to the TLs duties, but as you just said, I am not doing anything that calls for a raise.
I don't think you need to be grounded. Seems like your store is pulling a few strings to keep an HRTL. That TL is basically doing a TM job. Like I said you're not doing TL work, it's that TL that is doing TM work.

I hate to break it to you, but you're not doing anything out of the ordinary to merit a raise.

This is how I feel about the majority of the A&A Team. There's a handful that DESERVE the extra bump in pay...... but the new hires? They are truly doing nothing out of the ordinary to deserve that starting pay.

When my etl hr is LOD you can believe I go in her office lock the door and work in peace. They are often the only ones to get their own printer besides AP.

I do that sometimes too. I can't always do it though because half the time she doesn't log off of her account. :mad: If I restart the computer, I am afraid that it will cause her to lose unsaved information.

This is how I feel about the majority of the A&A Team. There's a handful that DESERVE the extra bump in pay...... but the new hires? They are truly doing nothing out of the ordinary to deserve that starting pay.
The new wages are a joke, there are zero new expectations at my store for A&A and Electronics, and I assume it's the same for most other stores as well.

It's doable alone. My advice is to really prioritize. I used to walk tms on how to do a punch correction or setup ehr. Now I give them a hand out and let them be.

Having more work on you is definitely difficult. I went from being 1 of 5 hrtms at my old store to it being just me but know there are low volumes where the HR only gets 24 hours a week. Be thankful for the consistent schedule

I’m thankful I leave at 4 or 5 pm the latest. And work consistent schedules, it’s just annoying when other tms think that hr does nothing but answer the phones . I answer phones while trying to correct their punches, follow up for orientations, file weekly reports, log call outs, grab equipment, make copies for logs, create posters and signs for holidays, execute tm activities, buzz in employees as they enter tm door, nag flow about punching in and out, emailtls trainings due for completion, try to get shifts covered, help tms navigate ehr, and perform other tasks. It’s hard for tms on the sales floor to wrap their heads around what hr does, I guess they think this stuff is magically done by itself.

I’m thankful I leave at 4 or 5 pm the latest. And work consistent schedules, it’s just annoying when other tms think that hr does nothing but answer the phones . I answer phones while trying to correct their punches, follow up for orientations, file weekly reports, log call outs, grab equipment, make copies for logs, create posters and signs for holidays, execute tm activities, buzz in employees as they enter tm door, nag flow about punching in and out, emailtls trainings due for completion, try to get shifts covered, help tms navigate ehr, and perform other tasks. It’s hard for tms on the sales floor to wrap their heads around what hr does, I guess they think this stuff is magically done by itself.

Sadly, this is pretty universal at all stores.

I feel like MOST of my store's A&A and Electronics team members deserve their wages, but by god if there aren't a couple of girls who do nothing but occasionally fold some clothing in between gossiping about the rest of us in the store.

We did not have an HR TL up until recently. It was myself and an HR ETL until he left and I was on my own for a few months until I got a Sr. HR TL. When my HR ETL left, more responsibilities fell on me and my direct supervisor was my STL. I did not get a raise just a free lunch here and there lol. What you describe is very normal. One HR TM and one HR ETL. My Sr. HR TL has LOD shifts several times a week just like an ETL.

Yeah I’ve been in my store for a short time and I feel a separation between myself and other tms . The reason for this feeling is because I talk mostly with TLs , ETLs , and the STL. I feel like the Tms think I don’t do anything and resent me for having a good rapport with their leaders, little do they know I make the same wages as them.

Don’t worry a lot of TMs have this mentality that they are being overworked with tasks and they see you are in your office most of the time and assume you don’t do anything because your not doing the same tasks they are. They don’t understand your role. I’ve been in that situation but remember those TMs don’t pay you so their opinion shouldn’t matter

How long have you been an hrtm?

I would love to tell you but I can't give you a specific number because people from my store love asking me this question all the time (no joke, they do). I can't let them figure out who I am so the best that I can give you is a range: more than 3 years but less than 8 years.

Last edited:
Sad to say, your position sounds normal. I think most stores just have an HR tm (not a TL.)

Do you have to write the schedule? Do you run orientations? Do you clean the break room and TSC? Do you screen applicants in JAS and do pre interviews and make job offers? Do you listen to TM's complain to you on a daily basis about their schedules, hours, fellow team members?

The stuff that you mentioned plus the stuff I mentioned, are what I get to do, and yippee... I make less than the 16 year old who just got her first job folding sweaters.

Sadly, target feels that the HRTM role is an "entry level" position but the work is more than entry level. We all recognize that. However, I can tell you in solidarity that your workload isn't higher or unique to your store. I hope that makes you feel somewhat better.

The HRTM role translates nicely if you have aspirations of being promoted and it looks great on a resume after Target.

it looks great on a resume after Target.
This is the number one reason to keep going with it. You get to put on your resume that you worked directly under the head of HR for a branch with 100-200 employees.

I did not get a raise just a free lunch here and there

Lol yup when my ETL HR took a two week vacation my stl bought me lunch to entertain the hrbp. Def would have preferred the raise lol

So, you let something go for three pages and then you decide you want to delete the thread.
I'm sorry that is kind of rude.

I'll lock it up but a lot of people of have made contributions here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back