Logistics DEPAL

Should there be an annual line loader competition?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Line loading is easy nowadays. The true test of skill was when you were loading the autos and had to remove the rubber bands before loading it up. Especially those square ice mountain water box pallets.

Line loading is easy nowadays. The true test of skill was when you were loading the autos and had to remove the rubber bands before loading it up. Especially those square ice mountain water box pallets.
No rush is ever needed. Safety first

Last edited:
I miss the autos. So much more would get done if heavy crap and you were pretty skilled if you were able to get the belt to grab the yellow cat littler boxes on first try without it slipping.

I miss the autos. So much more would get done if heavy crap and you were pretty skilled if you were able to get the belt to grab the yellow cat littler boxes on first try without it slipping.
I get that on a perfect day they were less efficient but when everyone is tired and its a day with a lot of heavy product being shipped out there is no way it wasnt faster.
You maybe get 2 hours of 100% but by the third with no end in sight of litter and water people slow down to pace themsleves. Just how it is.
It was also nice on really light plans (not that those exist anymore anyway).
You only needed three guys to run depal with the autos and nobody hardly lifted a box.
Getting trained on the autos also incentivized people to go to depal and work hard to be recognized.
For awhile now Depal has just felt like a dumping grounds for whoever the OM doesnt want to deal with.

I get that on a perfect day they were less efficient but when everyone is tired and its a day with a lot of heavy product being shipped out there is no way it wasnt faster.
You maybe get 2 hours of 100% but by the third with no end in sight of litter and water people slow down to pace themsleves. Just how it is.
It was also nice on really light plans (not that those exist anymore anyway).
You only needed three guys to run depal with the autos and nobody hardly lifted a box.
Getting trained on the autos also incentivized people to go to depal and work hard to be recognized.
For awhile now Depal has just felt like a dumping grounds for whoever the OM doesnt want to deal with.
Man I've preached that to all the new OMs that have come through that don't know the autos. 1 line loader, an operator, and a labeler and you can easily get 2-3k an hour just from them with the right freight. I've said that about the heavy items as well. I understand why they took them away but I don't think it was necessary for them to do it. With the right operator you can put heavy and light items and they wouldn't damage anything. I feel bad for my guys that end up getting heavy shit towards the end of the night so when they slow down I don't even jump on them. I'll throw and just let the OMs know that freight is the factor if we don't hit plan.

A2 line loader on B2 last night. Thanks for letting me fly by last night P3. Had to pull up to label control like wuuuuut. Real time problem solving. Couldn’t even knock had to dip. (My RC needed a tune up but I realized I was on one of the nicest in the building, blessed.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back