Archived Developing a role within the district

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllRedEverything

Sr. TL, Backroom
Hey Guys,

So as you may know I'm a senior TL looking to get promoted to an ETL or another district role within my 18 month period. Just hit a year with Target (and 3 months in my latest role) and now I'm focusing on developing a bigger role within my district.

When I was an electronics TL, I went out of my way to visit other stores and get into contact with the other electronics TLs. I pioneered a district conference call for electronics TLs, district BAs, and vendors to talk about new releases and used a lot of e-mail and sharepoint communications to keep everyone in the loop. It was very successful and I got district recognition from this.

Now that I'm a senior backroom TL, I haven't done as much to develop a district-wide role. What tips do you guys have in order to develop a strong relationship with the other stores in my district? Keep in mind I'm looking to have a role where I can travel, such as a BP position.

Thanks in advance!

Why did your STL move you into the Backroom? What kind of process are you and what role do you play in that? If your STL put you into Log from Elec, there must have been a developmental reason for this move?

The biggest thing with logistics is driving clean processes. We have one of the best logistics processes in our group, and they spend a majority of their time out of store helping to fix broken processes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back