Not open for further replies.

Inboundbeast

ETL SE
SHARE YOUR STORY!
Team Leader Bench
All TM’s that plan on promoting within😉
TL’s, ETL’s, etc that promoted from the TM level
A Thread

I started out as a seasonal hardlines that mastered my position as well as electronics and all front end positions.. from there i mastered flow and backroom as well as price accuracy and plano.. pretty much mastered all store operations and am heading to the TL bench as i proved my leadership skills to my ETL STL and DTL..

Last edited:
Have you tried Flexible Fulfillment during Q4 yet plus be a trainer an captain during the whole process since Spot decided we don't need any supervisors to overlook things.
I'm already donezo

Per your other thread, if you've only been with the company for a year and a half, you have NOT mastered plano, or really any workcenter. You may be able to set a Plano or work in any area, but it takes A LOT longer to truly know a workcenter & its ins and outs AND be a master at it.

You may likely be very good at what you do, but don't oversell it. Thinking you know everything there is to know is a folly of youth and does not fool those of us with experience.

Have you tried Flexible Fulfillment during Q4 yet plus be a trainer an captain during the whole process since Spot decided we don't need any supervisors to overlook things.
I'm already donezo
Yeah i still do Flexible Fulfillment a little but during Q4 when the ETL LOG and BRTL went home for the day sometimes i would overlook Flexible Fulfilment and lead a team of about 5 or 6 at night😉 i forgot about flex haha.

Today I learned mastering = crosstrained.

Also you better act quick because very soon knowing all these things will be expected of you as a team member rather than being something to know as a leader.
Haha i got so good at being efficient and getting things done in all workcenters as well as leading others i felt it was necessary to say i “mastered” 😂😂 and yes things are more expected now

Per your other thread, if you've only been with the company for a year and a half, you have NOT mastered plano, or really any workcenter. You may be able to set a Plano or work in any area, but it takes A LOT longer to truly know a workcenter & its ins and outs AND be a master at it.

You may likely be very good at what you do, but don't oversell it. Thinking you know everything there is to know is a folly of youth and does not fool those of us with experience.
I promise you i am not trying to be cocky.. i clock out at exactly 40 hours every week and have put so much time into each and every workcenter that i am often the go to and many of the long timers appreciate me and we even have discussions on making certain gray area decisions together. I will give it to you though now that i think of the Cosmetics reset i do indeed think i haven’t mastered plano. Idk if that helps my case a little but i also respect your opinion.
Thank you

Last edited:
Haha i got so good at being efficient and getting things done in all workcenters as well as leading others i felt it was necessary to say i “mastered” 😂😂 and yes things are more expected now

If you've truly been "leading" others in all work centers i hate to break it to you but you've been taken for a ride.

I actually have not gotten my review yet, but my direct TL told me to expect great things from it and i deserve all the scores i was given...
You sound like a very, very useful team member.

Very useful team members often stay that way because they are just that, very useful.

I'm not saying this will happen in your case, but don't make the mistake of thinking that "the bench" guarantees you anything at all

You sound like a very, very useful team member.

Very useful team members often stay that way because they are just that, very useful.

I'm not saying this will happen in your case, but don't make the mistake of thinking that "the bench" guarantees you anything at all
And see i appreciate getting this info because i just have assumptions at this point! I have learned how to take constructive criticism as well as part of my development so anything anyone says on here will not offend me because all in all i am asking for the info
Thank you

Agree with signinglady, I’ve been primarily in the front end for the year+ I’ve worked at Spot and definitely would not consider myself a master of anything. I am the go to person for front end procedures or info... but there is always more to learn.

“Right place at the right time “
I’ve seen awesome tm leave because of lack of opportunity, I’ve seen lackluster tm’s made TL. Simple: When there is an opening - be there.
Also, I don’t believe any amount of “knowledge “ makes a stitch of difference. I’ve seen SR TL hired brand new to Target with zero experience when there were dozens of 10 + yr experience TM left in the dust.
It’s about ABILITIES NOT Experience .
A TM completes the task, the TL leads the tasks, VERY different skills.

I actually forgot to mention i’ve been approached by my direct TL about her stepping down and myself replacing her position.. too bad E2E ruined that or i would’ve been the next Flow TL...

“Right place at the right time “
I’ve seen awesome tm leave because of lack of opportunity, I’ve seen lackluster tm’s made TL. Simple: When there is an opening - be there.
Also, I don’t believe any amount of “knowledge “ makes a stitch of difference. I’ve seen SR TL hired brand new to Target with zero experience when there were dozens of 10 + yr experience TM left in the dust.
It’s about ABILITIES NOT Experience .
A TM completes the task, the TL leads the tasks, VERY different skills.
I agree with you that is why i am happy i have some decent leadership that has helped teach me many leadership skills that i did not initially know whether it is what to do or what not to do even

Agree with signinglady, I’ve been primarily in the front end for the year+ I’ve worked at Spot and definitely would not consider myself a master of anything. I am the go to person for front end procedures or info... but there is always more to learn.
There is always room for improvement i believe is the right mindset to have in leadership I just wanted to give some insight on what i’ve been doing. I also do not think i am perfect and am still learning
Thank you

Reactions: Dog
Why do you want to be a TL?
I fell in love with the company and a huge passion for what i do emerged.. also in my entire life i have been a natural leader mentoring my peers to be their best selves. I just want to lead a team and i want to excel and make my mark😃 i hope this is the correct mindset

I fell in love with the company and a huge passion for what i do emerged.. also in my entire life i have been a natural leader mentoring my peers to be their best selves. I just want to lead a team and i want to excel and make my mark😃 i hope this is the correct mindset
So... you are not in it for the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back