Archived Did your store get rid of NOP in RF apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine did and I don't know what. Backroom was pissed about it. The Item Search on the PDAs is really terrible

Yep. They nerfed ours last week. They're slowly phasing PDAs out and phasing myDevices in. At least that's my understanding.

Mine did too. It really is soo much slower. And you might have to log in again to use it, etc. I used NOP or UPCS (which is also gone btw) just to check if 2 items had the same DPCI.

I keep forgetting to grab an iPod. Are they better than item search!

No. No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~

It died without dignity, struck down by the cruel bludgeon of MyDevice tyranny. Fairwell, sweet NOP, we will miss you as we try to use this slow piece of crap and, oh great, another sync issue and reference ticket number!?

No. No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~

It died without dignity, struck down by the cruel bludgeon of MyDevice tyranny. Fairwell, sweet NOP, we will miss you as we try to use this slow piece of crap and, oh great, another sync issue and reference ticket number!?
I agreed. I love dos apps too.

The MyDevices were good before they started phasing out PDAs entirely.

Now all they are are a bunch of MD4 errors and non-working scanners

The Instocks App is now gone off of the PDA. The day the PCHG function comes off I will not be happy.

Has anyone else notice the "update" for RF Apps where it actually asks for quantities on Assortment cases? Or was this really late to my store? I think it is really nice, except for my audit today which sent me to every single assortment cause down my soft-lines aisles ! :(

What is the purpose of getting rid of these apps when we still use PDAs?

some one is getting something and it is not us. Unless you can count the frustration of devices that refuse to connect, the multiple error dialogs that pop up per shift, the random log outs, the ever popular "global issue" where they just stop working completely, and lets us not forget the flagging battery levels, which will only get worse.

the myDevices like most Target initiatives are poorly thought out, the roll out of them was the very definition of flawed planning. removing the functions from the PDA's when the myDevices have yet to get up to speed was… the best idea ever… my this Kool-Aid is tasty.

and yes I did have a bad day filled with myDevice bingo and all manner of device errors.

some one is getting something and it is not us. Unless you can count the frustration of devices that refuse to connect, the multiple error dialogs that pop up per shift, the random log outs, the ever popular "global issue" where they just stop working completely, and lets us not forget the flagging battery levels, which will only get worse.

the myDevices like most Target initiatives are poorly thought out, the roll out of them was the very definition of flawed planning. removing the functions from the PDA's when the myDevices have yet to get up to speed was… the best idea ever… my this Kool-Aid is tasty.

and yes I did have a bad day filled with myDevice bingo and all manner of device errors.

I went through four of them today, between can't connect to the wireless, MD4 errors, scanner sled buttons broken(I shoot lefty so that button being broken is bad), and please wait and "try again or quit" it was a crap day trying to do much of anything.

Give it another year. They'll pull out like Canada and give us our PDAs back. Hopefully anyway. I hated toggling but this is bullshit with these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back