Archived "Ding, Ding" Night Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can a store not gave a FRO or one that is zoning other areas? Do they have to keep checking the FR for guests?

Those of you asking...yes, it really is Ding Ding Ding overhead all day long. Even at a ULV store we still get probably get 30+ calls per day. Unfortunately because softlines coverage is non-existent they need a cordless. HR doesn't have full coverage either, and only answers the phones in the morning if the GSA says they're busy with a guest.

How can a store not gave a FRO or one that is zoning other areas? Do they have to keep checking the FR for guests?

We don't have a FRO. So most of the day, unless they are sorting reshop, the FR just gets ignored. Guest services is responsible for operator coverage.

We have had all day night service for years at my store. We generally don't have FRO until noon, but even then they do not spend a lot of their time back there. They carry the cordless because they are too busy running out abandons and zoning for most of the day.

Guests can just go in to steal, I mean try on, the stuff.

We had a "desperate times" situation a few months ago where we put the store on night bell while fitting room went on breaks/lunches (relievers usually come from softlines and the only TMs working didn't speak enough English to deal with the phone). So. Much. Stolen. Merchandise.

Ok, we have Cisco phones. I tried to put it on night service yesterday by doing the call forward button and then dialing 5529 and then call forward again. When I did that, when a call tried to come through to the operator, it would never ring on night service or anywhere else, and the phone would hang up on the guest.

What in the hell did they do to our phones and is it something I can fix?

Ok, we have Cisco phones. I tried to put it on night service yesterday by doing the call forward button and then dialing 5529 and then call forward again. When I did that, when a call tried to come through to the operator, it would never ring on night service or anywhere else, and the phone would hang up on the guest.

What in the hell did they do to our phones and is it something I can fix?

I'm no help. We use the POS Tadiran phones. In our store TSC's main phone is "0" and is set to overflow to fitting room at "200", so it never rings in TSC. We also have a dedicated "night mode" button.

We had ours on night service and it really worked well for us at guest services, and "fitting room" (aka softlines) could back us up if we were desperate. But then we got the new phones, we can't get the volume up on the page so people can actually hear us make closing announcements and we can't get night service back. At the time we had a temporary SFT, so they claimed to look into it..and the next one might have looked into it, but he had so many problems with the registers he didn't have time for that, and it got shuffled off and forgotten about.

A while back (a year or more), our SFT rewired our phones so that guest service has a big phone with all the extensions just like the phone in the fitting room, and the phones ring simultaneously. GS typically answers because usually the people in the FR are too busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back