Archived disclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was terminated and want to know if target tells any prospective employers that I was terminated.

When I quit, I was also told they can reveal if I'm rehireable or not. Is that true or were they just trying to get me to finish out my 2 weeks?

It might vary from state to state. When I worked in HR in a completely different industry, I could reply with "yes" or "no" when asked if a former employee was eligible for re-hire, but not say anything about why if the answer was negative.
I suggest that you get out in front of this and let prospective employers know up front that you were let go. You don't have to get into all the gory details; HR at your former store can't, legally, so there's no need for you to either. But you can put your spin on it, keeping your explanation short and simple.
That said, if this is the kind of thing that will show up on a criminal background check, then you might want to take some serious time and figure out how to respond. When I found out that an interviewee lied to me in the interview about stuff that showed up on the background check, it didn't matter how well they interviewed and how glowing their references were. That application was put in the "nope, no way" file.

They're not supposed to. If you want to be certain of it, make sure to use the phone number for HROC instead of your store when you include it on other job applications.

1-800-394-1885

When I quit, I was also told they can reveal if I'm rehireable or not. Is that true or were they just trying to get me to finish out my 2 weeks?

Only to other stores. Not to companies outside of Target.

Target doesn't verify employment. We utilize a third party called The Work Number. You can request the information yourself too. They will verify dates, job title, wage, and simply if you're actively employed or not.

Whenever I get calls asking for info about TMs, I inform them that I cannot reveal any personal information over the phone in order to protect their confidentiality.

If the call was regarding employment verification, I refer them to The Work Number. Usually, they understand and are like, "Okay, thank you!"

Sometimes, you get folks that are like, "No? Even if I am a lawyer/government agency/prospective employer/landlord/relative/fellow TM?" I then inform them that there is no way that I can confirm their identity over the phone and if they were a TM of mine, they would probably want me to do the same for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back