Archived Discontinued Gift Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what's best practice on handling discontinued Gift Cards?

I set all the gift card Pogs and come across a few on occasion. And old receiver told me I could just toss them. They're just paper. But, that was 4 years ago. What's the real process?

Oh, I totally want to toss so many. But apparently some are inventoried. Or so my STL says that's the case.

Yup. I just did inventory a few days ago. Discontinued gift cards can be toss. You don't need to defective them out or anything.

Best practice says under entertainment team member workload, I believe that's what it's called, to toss all discontinued nop gift cards as long as they are not visa/mc/amex. Department might be 276, or at least that is what the POGs tend to begin with.

I've also been told that some gift cards are vendor-handled and pre-sale cards (video games) are handled through MIR.

Which just adds to the confusion.

I'm not against tossing cards. I've thrown bags of them away, in the past. I just have been getting a lot of conflicting info lately.

I've always thrown away the discontinued not on planogram ones. I think there's a document on workbench about what is counted in inventory that helps make sense of gift card/other random questions.

I went with an ETL to provide support help at another store. We wound up LOCUing the electronics lockup and we decided they weren't worth keeping. We indiscriminately got rid over a full shopping cart's worth. A couple weeks later I did the same at my store and threw about 80 lbs of discontinued NOP.

I've always thrown away the discontinued not on planogram ones. I think there's a document on workbench about what is counted in inventory that helps make sense of gift card/other random questions.
I'd be interested in seeing that... do you know where I could look or what I could search to find it on workbench (I'm just a TM, btw...)

I'd be interested in seeing that... do you know where I could look or what I could search to find it on workbench (I'm just a TM, btw...)
I would try typing discontinued gift card into the search bar on WB. But if you are ever in doubt as to weather on not its tossable... Ask your reviever. Usually they are SURPURB at knowing that stuff (cuz they will just scan it) or they will know where to look. We have an AMAZING reciever I will cry when he leaves.

I can't recall exactly but I think it may have had "count" or "do I count this?" in the title.

I can't recall exactly but I think it may have had "count" or "do I count this?" in the title.
I would try typing discontinued gift card into the search bar on WB. But if you are ever in doubt as to weather on not its tossable... Ask your reviever. Usually they are SURPURB at knowing that stuff (cuz they will just scan it) or they will know where to look. We have an AMAZING reciever I will cry when he leaves.
Type in Entrainment Weekly Workload and it should show up in the search results on Workbench. The last page shows you what we throw away and what we keep. Good luck. Because the ETL GE likes to flex cards and the STL doesn't want them backstocked, I no longer set or maintain any giftcard POGs except the POG in entertainment. Like most people I don't enjoy working hard and doing something right for someone to come behind me and destroy it.

if you have room for it you can keep the old cards. 4th quarter auto ship doesn't keep up with demand. people dont care if its themed/old just its a gift card. we keep a lot of the non happy birthday ones one hand.

if you have room for it you can keep the old cards. 4th quarter auto ship doesn't keep up with demand. people dont care if its themed/old just its a gift card. we keep a lot of the non happy birthday ones one hand.
Talking about the non Target gift cards, not Target ones. Also old discontinued ones tend to not activate on the POS.

Type in Entrainment Weekly Workload and it should show up in the search results on Workbench. The last page shows you what we throw away and what we keep. Good luck. Because the ETL GE likes to flex cards and the STL doesn't want them backstocked, I no longer set or maintain any giftcard POGs except the POG in entertainment. Like most people I don't enjoy working hard and doing something right for someone to come behind me and destroy it.

I recall a time when I used to put that energy into it. It's sad that I've lessened my standards knowing it's rooted in keeping my sanity slightly intact.

I'll look for that on WB. Need to get rid of the over flow, so it's less likely something will be so easily destroyed.

Honestly, having 20 different UPCs/DCPIs for the same gift card is unnecessary. Fuck the metric already!

Interesting that the gift cards reset this week, we got a new vendor for them, and the pog dumped half of the restaurant ones that nobody was buying. I love that the direction was to flex the old ones until you get the new ones, but there are new monetary amounts.

Interesting that the gift cards reset this week, we got a new vendor for them, and the pog dumped half of the restaurant ones that nobody was buying. I love that the direction was to flex the old ones until you get the new ones, but there are new monetary amounts.
I read that too. A group called Blackhawk will be doing it. But I'm not familiar with them. We're missing an endcap fixture at my store, so I'm hoping this will be an opportunity to get a new one. I'm also happy to hand the reigns over on gift cards. Anyone know if they'll be handling all gift cards (including the gaming ones)?

I read that too. A group called Blackhawk will be doing it. But I'm not familiar with them. We're missing an endcap fixture at my store, so I'm hoping this will be an opportunity to get a new one. I'm also happy to hand the reigns over on gift cards. Anyone know if they'll be handling all gift cards (including the gaming ones)?
Blackhawk typically does those gift card endcaps that you see at grocery stores, and they do an ok job in my experience. At my grocery store, Blackhawk sends us the gift cards but we have to stock them and set new pogs. I rarely see actual Blackhawk employees. Maybe Target has a different contract that will have Blackhawk doing all of it.

Blackhawk typically does those gift card endcaps that you see at grocery stores, and they do an ok job in my experience. At my grocery store, Blackhawk sends us the gift cards but we have to stock them and set new pogs. I rarely see actual Blackhawk employees. Maybe Target has a different contract that will have Blackhawk doing all of it.
I'm prepared to do it all. I did it in the beginning until upper management wanted to start flexing and didn't understand how that made my job harder, so I gave up the reigns to the planogram team. All they did was tie the new pogs but never set anything. Since the logistics team lead wanted the cards to start being backstocked, they weren't because the STL didn't want them located, then I started sorting through the mess and getting rid of old ones and making sure the correct ones were on the correct pogs. As of right now all the checklane pogs, gift card fixtures by getting cards and in entertainment have been set and we are just waiting for the product. If it comes in before the vendor and I see it, I'm going to work it.

I don't mess with the sidecaps though. Eff those sidecaps.

So when Blackhawk comes in will they do the checklanes and our "GC center" endcap near greeting cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back