Archived Discount card on your phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back I remember an app or something where your discount card barcode was on your smartphone. I remember even a few TMs having it. Does this exist anymore?

God I hope not. I've had exactly two coupons on people's phones. The first one was hell. And when I finally got it scanned, I realized I was in the "total" screen and spent another long time rescanning it. The second one was a day or two ago. We've had new hand scanners put in, and that may have helped, but this one only took me a little bit, and the guest was so sympathetic about it even though I got it fairly quickly.

As long as you hold the phone steady and hold it straight up and down, you should have any problems scanning them.

there is a mobile app called keyring which you can put all your loyalty/discount cards into. i would think though that you would still not be allowed to use this for your target tm discount since the rules are that your cashier has to scan your paper card. waaaaay easy to let everyone scan your barcode and use your discount. on a semi-related note; targets mobile app used to have a barcode scanner in it which was pretty amazing except for the fact that it wouldn't give you a realtime price in your store - it looked it up online. not sure if it still works or not.

as far as scanning mobile coupons - it always seems to be a pain. if you have new scanners (they'll have a larger scanner surface area, as opposed to the older "slimmer" looking hand scanners -laser) they should work better, older ones still take a couple tried to get it to go through. and then on top of that it all depends on glare, if their screen is scratched, etc.

http://www.clresearch.com/research/detail.cfm?guid=65A9C4B6-3048-79ED-9994-223F43CFC435

also semi-related; i wish i could take the coupons i want from target.com, and just have them sent to my phone - like log into the app and get them that way instead of having to print them out, then cut them out, and waste all that paper and ink. but i digress......

oh and pps; does anyone use shopkick? are TMs allowed? haven't even heard anything about it other than seeing it installed, and the table talkers.

As long as you hold the phone steady and hold it straight up and down, you should have any problems scanning them.

Also, have the guest turn up the backlight as high as it will go. If the screen isn't bright enough, the scanner will have trouble seeing the barcode.

What I've found to work when scanning mobile devices, have the guest hold the phone vertically straight up & down. It minimizes the glare & scans 1st time almost every time.

All stores should have the new scanners rolled out by the end of this year. The name brand is honeywell and they do a really good job at scanning mobile barcodes.

oh and pps; does anyone use shopkick? are TMs allowed? haven't even heard anything about it other than seeing it installed, and the table talkers.

I use it, as well as about five of my fellow TMs. The only rule that I know of is that we can only use it when we're off the clock.

A while back I remember an app or something where your discount card barcode was on your smartphone. I remember even a few TMs having it. Does this exist anymore?
Target used to have an app for employees only where we had our red card, employee number and cartwheel all in one, but they got rid of it a while back, I miss it I really liked using that app

Target used to have an app for employees only where we had our red card, employee number and cartwheel all in one, but they got rid of it a while back, I miss it I really liked using that app

This is now active in the Target app. Payment, discount, and cartwheel all in one barcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back