Archived Discounts and Visa Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this has been answered before, not sure. Just gonna ask again. So! I am pretty lost with how the Team Member Discount works when it comes to paying. I tried using my debit card (not the redcard) while applying the TM discount but it wouldn't accept it. I ended up paying with cash but I was wondering. Do I have to use a RedCard, or something of that sort?

You can also use it with a Target gift card or a Starbucks card.
And just because you can use it with a Target gift card, do NOT use your non-Target card to buy/reload a Target gift card for the purpose of circumventing TM discount policy.
AP tracks such transactions & you CAN be termed for it.
You CAN use your non-Target card to reload your Starbucks app or card because of Starbucks' policy & the franchise agreement.

You can also use it with a Target gift card or a Starbucks card.
And just because you can use it with a Target gift card, do NOT use your non-Target card to buy/reload a Target gift card for the purpose of circumventing TM discount policy.
AP tracks such transactions & you CAN be termed for it.
You CAN use your non-Target card to reload your Starbucks app or card because of Starbucks' policy & the franchise agreement.

This sounds like a lie to me that people made up to scare people. I don't see target wasting time and money on stuff like this.

It's not a lie. Not a priority, certainly, but if someone is being watched for something else, it can be a nail in the coffin. Several years ago, we were all "retrained" on using gift cards purchased with visa cards. I know it was because of tms doing it, but none of them were fired.

We did have at least one TM termed at my store for buying gift cards with a bank card and then using the gift card to get the TM discount.

And yes, I think they were already under suspicion.

I think if you refill a gift card every other month with $25-50 or whatever you think you will spend during that time (using a CC) and then using it with a discount card, it would probably attract a lot less attention then the idiot team member who asks a cashier to ring up an order and then suspend and then runs over to self check out to add that exact amount onto a gift card using a credit card or non target debit.

I think if you refill a gift card every other month with $25-50 or whatever you think you will spend during that time (using a CC) and then using it with a discount card, it would probably attract a lot less attention then the idiot team member who asks a cashier to ring up an order and then suspend and then runs over to self check out to add that exact amount onto a gift card using a credit card or non target debit.
At that point though you might as well just get the RC for the extra discount or pay cash

If anything, it flags even more because you're establishing a pattern of use & your TM# will be tied to that gift card that you're using over & over.

On the subject of reloading....

I have a GC that was originally purchased with new funds using my RC, and I continually reload it with promo offers (buy 4, get $5 ), as well as some refunds for returned merch, depending on how quickly I need access to that money. I've never had a problem using that card with my TM discount, but now this thread has me wondering if that type of usage is going to raise red flags.

Amanda, even when a guest asks to add the funds to an existing card so they don't have more plastic in their wallet?

On the subject of reloading....

I have a GC that was originally purchased with new funds using my RC, and I continually reload it with promo offers (buy 4, get $5 ), as well as some refunds for returned merch, depending on how quickly I need access to that money. I've never had a problem using that card with my TM discount, but now this thread has me wondering if that type of usage is going to raise red flags.
As Yetive said, no, because the loading source is from a promotion & NOT a non-target credit/debit card.
I've had several regulars who load the same giftcard whenever they take part in a promo deal.

What about using a target gift card obtained by using rewards points from a non-target credit card? It's not "buying" the gift card....Would this be ok?

What about using a target gift card obtained by using rewards points from a non-target credit card? It's not "buying" the gift card....Would this be ok?
If you rightfully earned it I can’t imagine it would be a problem. I occasionally usually gift cards that were given to me as gifts

Right, I had to spend 5k to get a $50 gift card....not like I used the card just to directly buy it....I assumed it was ok...but thought asking couldn't hurt ;)

Right, I had to spend 5k to get a $50 gift card....not like I used the card just to directly buy it....I assumed it was ok...but thought asking couldn't hurt ;)
Id still ask your APTM. that way if they do look into it you can say you got permission

This is fine. You just can't purchase a gift card to circumvent the general policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back