Archived District People

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the other day, some district chick came into my store and came to guest service to price match an xbox one with toys r' us who was offering a $50 giftcard. I said we don't price match giftcards. Then she proceeds to say well STL ****** said he would just take of $50 from the price. As soon as she said that, I saw my ETL-GE walk by and said to her, well if my manager wants to go against policy, Ill let him do it. So I called him over, at first he said we don't match the giftcard and she just gave him a look and then she mentioned the STL again. So he just gave in, took off $50 and she used her team member discount. Both things that are against policy. So WTF, this person clearly thinks she's above the rules and can do whatever. When the ETL-GE was on his way over, she was telling her friend, "well if they don't do it, so and so said they will do it at this store." Who can I report this too? These are the people who should be following the policy the most.

I'd say call the hotline or tell your AP. But, as I've seen ETL's and STL's hide clearance and such, I would just let it go. How did you know she was from the district? You have to weigh how much you are willing to lose, if you make that call, when you are undoubtedly retaliated against.

mmmm it is an integrity issue... but a small issue. i personally wouldnt make a big deal of 50 dollars when GE's all over the damn company including myself give into some pretty demanding guests

So should I myself be able to do this myself then? I would love to buy an xbox one for less than $300. It shouldn't be a problem for me then if it seems perfectly fine with the STL and district team members.

You would think so but unfortunately rules at target are bent by many.

If something like that happened at another big box I worked for, it would have been a test to see what you and your higher ups would do. Sadly target doesn't have that kind of integrity.

So the other day, some district chick came into my store and came to guest service to price match an xbox one with toys r' us who was offering a $50 giftcard. I said we don't price match giftcards. Then she proceeds to say well STL ****** said he would just take of $50 from the price. As soon as she said that, I saw my ETL-GE walk by and said to her, well if my manager wants to go against policy, Ill let him do it. So I called him over, at first he said we don't match the giftcard and she just gave him a look and then she mentioned the STL again. So he just gave in, took off $50 and she used her team member discount. Both things that are against policy. So WTF, this person clearly thinks she's above the rules and can do whatever. When the ETL-GE was on his way over, she was telling her friend, "well if they don't do it, so and so said they will do it at this store." Who can I report this too? These are the people who should be following the policy the most.
ETL's can do almost anything they want because they are above team members so district people are above ETL's and take advantage of their authority as well. They and ETL's bend rules all the time because they have more authority. They will never let a regular team member do what an ETL or district person can do. I still think it's BS and Target keeps treating TM's as their slaves and ETLs and district people as their slave drivers.

Probably wouldn't get a second look from the hotline. Yes it's dishonest but I'm sure that your GE's numbers are tied to the transaction authorizing a >$20 price change so you've got nothing to worry about. If they really cared then price match transactions with a team member discount would get scrutinized and the related team member punished. Just stop caring and start giving the money away...it's what the company wants you to do after all.

I'm not worried about anything. Its just one more thing to make me not care about working to actually help the company and just work for the flexible schedule with school. It just bugs me that for as much as I don't care about the job, it seems like I'm the only one who even bothers to stick to policies and enforce what's there to promote good consumer habits. I had a lady today say "Wow receipts expire?" and I told her "Yes, they do at many stores." She said "No they don't, why do yours?" So I gave her an an example, "To prevent people from buying something like a vacuum, and returning it 5 years later." She said, "What? People wouldn't do that." I just laughed inside and finished her return.

Probably wouldn't get a second look from the hotline. Yes it's dishonest but I'm sure that your GE's numbers are tied to the transaction authorizing a >$20 price change so you've got nothing to worry about. If they really cared then price match transactions with a team member discount would get scrutinized and the related team member punished. Just stop caring and start giving the money away...it's what the company wants you to do after all.

Exactly.
That's why I don't question a guest when there's a price discrepancy. I know that if I ask my gstl or etl they're just going to say go ahead anyway so I just say us all a bunch of time and do it. I mean, it has to be within reason but I'm not reducing items by $50!

I would tell ap without delay. Spot will bust them in the end. You could ask your etl hr to contact their boss & tell them what happened.

That is why they tied it to her employee, paper tail. I am sorry it is even more important for district people to follow the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back