Archived District Team Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of your stores have blown payroll getting ready for a visit that never happened, then had to operate on a bare bones team for the rest of the week.
We blow through payroll AFTER the visit, fixing shit they said was wrong. Like that time at the end of December when we were told we shouldn't have a single out in toys, and they needed pictures to prove it before opening the next day.

We blow through payroll AFTER the visit, fixing shit they said was wrong. Like that time at the end of December when we were told we shouldn't have a single out in toys, and they needed pictures to prove it before opening the next day.

Lol those are the worst. Funny they never ask for a picture of the backroom

backroom is the "make it magically work" zone
taking a photo might make the magic disappear

As my good friend from high school is an STL at a store with the group and district leadership it's probably better.

Think about it, rather than always freaking out and trying to fix things anticipating a visit that may OR may not happen like all our ETL's, they are way more likely to just present their store "As is." You can't hide crap like you can at our stores which is probably for the better.

How many of your stores have blown payroll getting ready for a visit that never happened, then had to operate on a bare bones team for the rest of the week.

I see your your point for DTL visits.

But what about group visits :eek:

Each district office is different. My last district it was a separate entrance but attached to a super. Now it’s at the front of the distribution center, again separate entrance. I’ve never seen a district office where you actually had to walk into a store to get to it.

Each district office is different. My last district it was a separate entrance but attached to a super. Now it’s at the front of the distribution center, again separate entrance. I’ve never seen a district office where you actually had to walk into a store to get to it.
Ours has a store entrance and it’s own external.

The DTL for my area would work on networking with leadership when she was not visiting stores and developing overseeing strategies within the district to try to get all scores green for everything for every store. Supposedly.

I totally made that up. I’ve no clue.

This is by far my fave answer. Only for the last 2 sentences.

But as previous posts have said, they are attached to stores. My HRBP has a home store she works out of, but it’s nearly 4 hours away in another state so I don’t know much else.

Dtls, hrbps etc. rotate weekends so they don't work a traditional mon thru Friday 9 to 5.

I think the primary benefit they get is they don't work late evenings for the most part (save thanksgiving) I've never had a visit later than 4 pm or so.

I do have to disagree with you on this part. The vast majority of our visits are in the evening. This is probably because we are 4 hrs away from our district’s home store, so it’s a long drive. And they stop and visit 2 other stores that are an hour north of us. Our DTL often shows up in the evening. Especially when he wants to surprise us. Our HRBP is usually with him.

So maybe it’s different for your district. We have a very involved district team. So they do lots of visits. 50% are in the evening.

So maybe it’s different for your district. We have a very involved district team. So they do lots of visits. 50% are in the evening.

Yup we have a lot of visits too but they usually come in the morning/afternoon. I guess ASANTS applies here.

How many stores are in a district, usually? Or how are districts set (eg. volume, # of stores, area)?

How many stores are in a district, usually? Or how are districts set (eg. volume, # of stores, area)?

I have seen anywhere from 8 to 12. Volume diesnt matter but geographical plays a role. The furthest north store in my district is a 2.5 hour drive from the furthest south.

My district was all p fresh except for one but they swapped with a store in another district to make our district all p fresh.

My store has the district office. Only cuz we have the newest and nicest store.

That's not how they select the district office at all. It has more to do with capacity and centralized location.

If this were the case the district office would be constantly moving around due to who got the latest remodel

That's not how they select the district office at all. It has more to do with capacity and centralized location.

If this were the case the district office would be constantly moving around due to who got the latest remodel

Ahh ok that makes sense. I've been told my district covers parts of 3 states.

My store is a district store. It is in the back of the store with it's own entrance. Our DTL is in the office sometimes, more often than not he is out of the store on visits. The only crummy part about being a district office store is all of the meetings, trainings, visits are held there or start or end there so my store is constantly on visit watch. I'll be honest, though, our DTL is a pretty nice guy but has a high standard. He is fair and always makes a visit informative even if he doesn't like what he sees, he always uses it as a teaching moment. And always having to be visit ready, while it is a pain, it keeps us on our toes and the store always looks decent.

The first group and district I worked in had a designated district office that was not in a store. Was in an actual office building. They shut it down when they did some realigning and moved it to another state in the group. This was about 3-4 years ago so it might be in a store now.
My last position I was visiting stores 3-4 days a week and had a designated office day. I worked from home for office days because it was closer to my stores than the actual group office (which is where my real “office”was). I didn’t do full days of visiting stores except for like 2 days. We would do talent days, visits with higher ups, volunteering, etc. I was actually busier on non visit days than visit days. My DTL had an office out of one of our stores and she was probably working from 5:30am-11pm. Early visits, late visits. She didn’t stop. We were constantly getting emails texts phone calls. Never ended. We normally would work m-f except around the holidays we were to have designated weekends. Or if there was an event happening (hiring, Halloween, etc)

There should be a main office at a store that they sometimes actually work at when they aren't going on their constant road trips around the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back