Archived District Team Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTGOz

Suitable
I've never known this, but where do these district team leaders reside when they're not out visiting stores? Do they have their own stores to attend to?

I realize this is probably common sense but whatever

They wander around stores cleaning up vomit duh (probably cleaning up worse actually...)

The DTL for my area would work on networking with leadership when she was not visiting stores and developing overseeing strategies within the district to try to get all scores green for everything for every store. Supposedly.

I totally made that up. I’ve no clue.

I've never known this, but where do these district team leaders reside when they're not out visiting stores? Do they have their own stores to attend to?

I realize this is probably common sense but whatever
There is (AFAIK) a store in each district that houses the district office(s). If they're not at another store or with higher ups, they would likely be in their office doing whatever they (don't) do.

There is (AFAIK) a store in each district that houses the district office(s). If they're not at another store or with higher ups, they would likely be in their office doing whatever they (don't) do.

This. I know whcih store my DTL has office in. I've always wondered what it is like working there.

Does anyone here have a district office in your store?

I think that our district office is a separate location from stores.

DTL has his office in a store about 10 minutes from ours. Although I have heard he is hardly ever there visiting other stores and doing meetings etc. Should be fun working in store where he has office....

Based on the replies, and the likes given to ISMike's post, I'd say most are aware that, at least generally, a store in every district houses the district offices.
This is correct. But like others have mentioned district leadership is infrequently actually in said offices. This is both because they have work elsewhere (visits, meetings, etc.), And because they can typically work from wherever they want. Our PMBP lives close by, so he spends a decent amount of time in our store, even though we don't house the district office.

Our district office is connected to a nearby store. It is in the back with its own entrance. I had to go there for round-robin interviews to become a TL. When DTL are not dealing with the stores under them, they are dealing with their supervisors (group, regional, HQ).

Ours has a home store. Their office even has a separate entrance so they and any team members visiting can come and go without entering the store.

@glo can speak to this.

District offices are always in a store. My district leadership shares an office with another district though and the store hosting them is not in my district

Like mine, the store housing the office probably isn't in your district.

Last edited:

My store does house our district's offices - why, as far as I know, I said that's how they would be for all districts. No external entrance though or anything.

My hrbp has sent out her schedule for the week. She actually only gets one day in the office generally. The others are visiting stores, or visiting higher ups, she also goes to colleges and job fairs to recruit talent.

Dtls, hrbps etc. rotate weekends so they don't work a traditional mon thru Friday 9 to 5.

I think the primary benefit they get is they don't work late evenings for the most part (save thanksgiving) I've never had a visit later than 4 pm or so.

My store actually houses the group leadership too. I don’t know if this is typical. There’s about 20 people that work out of that small corner of our store, including at least 3 DTLs. While they do have offices there, they’re usually not there. I see a f couple more often than others, but I’m pretty sure they’re actually only in office for a full day once a week.

My old store was our district office and was also the smallest store in the city

This is correct. But like others have mentioned district leadership is infrequently actually in said offices. This is both because they have work elsewhere (visits, meetings, etc.), And because they can typically work from wherever they want. Our PMBP lives close by, so he spends a decent amount of time in our store, even though we don't house the district office.
Not sure why that's relevant to what OP's question was or my comment on it.

Nazgul maybe? Just sort of disembodied til they're activated. Then they sweep in and hack up bedding, then on to softlines and sporting goods while the Witchking screeches from atop a pipo pallet of diapers.

Nazgul maybe? Just sort of disembodied til they're activated. Then they sweep in and hack up bedding, then on to softlines and sporting goods while the Witchking screeches from atop a pipo pallet of diapers.

Nazgul are the group visits.

DTL is more like Sauron visiting, (The nice version, we got to see, but we all know, there is something more here.)

I'd like to know how fun it is, to be STL, in that store.

As my good friend from high school is an STL at a store with the group and district leadership it's probably better.

Think about it, rather than always freaking out and trying to fix things anticipating a visit that may OR may not happen like all our ETL's, they are way more likely to just present their store "As is." You can't hide crap like you can at our stores which is probably for the better.

How many of your stores have blown payroll getting ready for a visit that never happened, then had to operate on a bare bones team for the rest of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back