Hypocrite team leader šŸ˜ˆ

PeaceLuvDuh24

ā˜®ļøā¤ļøšŸ˜šŸŖ
How to tell if a team leader is trying to make me quit my job? Plus, sheā€™s the ETL.

Last edited:
How to tell if a team leader is trying to make me quit my job?
maybe on attendance , safety or performance.

i am not certain based on your other thread about having no cart pusher.

maybe on attendance , safety or performance.

i am not certain based on your other thread about having no cart pusher.
Well, this is a different topic, though. But donā€™t worry, thereā€™s already an update on the other thread. Recently a team leader just called me a carry out TWICE, after a different team member called me for that carry out and SPECIFICALLY responded, but she didnā€™t seemed like she was listening to me when I answered TWICE. So the third time, I answered it, and I was going ballistic! Telling her that Iā€™m already on my way, and asking her if she was making quit my job. Then she acted like it never happened. And thatā€™s really make me worried and nervous, afraid that she might fire me. Iā€™m talking about Darth N (one of my worst enemies mentioned on my profile). NOTE: ā€œDarth Nā€ is just a pseudonym.

Last edited:
Well, this is a different topic, though. But donā€™t worry, thereā€™s already an update on the other thread. Recently a team leader just called me a carry out TWICE, after a different team member called me for that carry out and SPECIFICALLY responded, but she didnā€™t seemed like she was listening to me when I answered TWICE. So the third time, I answered it, and I was going ballistic! Telling her that Iā€™m already on my way, and asking her if she was making quit my job. Then she acted like it never happened. And thatā€™s really make me worried and nervous, afraid that she might fire me. Iā€™m talking about Darth N (one of my worst enemies mentioned on my profile). NOTE: ā€œDarth Nā€ is just a pseudonym.

I don't know about your particular case but I do have to say you can't go off of one time to decide anything.
Though how you react is.
If you blow up because you can't handle a TL being an asshole retail isn't a good fit for you.
I would seriously not recommend working in restaurants either.
The other thing to keep in mind is that it's not always about you.
Bad leaders often take out having a crappy day on the people below them, hence the saying shit rolls downhill.
They don't care who you are, they just need someone to kick because they were kicked.
With those kinds of people you just have to keep your head down and avoid dealing with them as much as possible.
Just be glad they aren't head chefs and can't throw pans at you.

I don't know about your particular case but I do have to say you can't go off of one time to decide anything.
Though how you react is.
If you blow up because you can't handle a TL being an asshole retail isn't a good fit for you.
Bad leaders often take out having a crappy day on the people below them, hence the saying shit rolls downhill.
They don't care who you are, they just need someone to kick because they were kicked.
With those kinds of people you just have to keep your head down and avoid dealing with them as much as possible.
Well, Iā€™m gonna try what you said. Thanks for the advice.

they put you in areas you're weakest in/hate the most SPECIFICALLY on days where it hit CRITICAL MASS hoping that you will Crack under pressure and slowly but surely enticed you turn in your two weeks... they will keep doing that until you snap... or at least that's what it feels like to me

Last edited:
Recently a team leader just called me a carry out TWICE, after a different team member called me for that carry out and SPECIFICALLY responded, but she didnā€™t seemed like she was listening to me when I answered TWICE. So the third time, I answered it, and I was going ballistic!
Does this happen sort of often at your store? If so, I'd wonder if all the walkies are working properly. We have some that seem to generate static more than anything else.
Also, do other people respond normally to you when you walkie them? My store has a couple of long-term TMs who are great in every other way but they just can't seem to remember to wait just a second after pressing the button before speaking and/or speak clearly without covering the speaker with their thumb.
In any case, "going ballistic" seems like an overreaction and that's never going to result in anything good.

they put you in areas you're weakest in/hate the most SPECIFICALLY on days where it hit CRITICAL MASS hoping that you will Crack under pressure and slowly but surely enticed you turn in your two weeks... they will keep doing that until you snap... or at least that's what it feels like to me
Well thank goodness we are paid by the hour and not by the box. If the lod treats me with appreciation I ll speed it up. If they don't speak to me the entire shift then I lock on push cruise control and do ALOT of guest servicing on the floor. Guests usually say thank you after each encounter , vs , a scowling out of touch TL and it actually makes for a nice day.

Though how you react is.
Maybe your walkies werenā€™t communicating. One maybe out of range. It happens.

Back