Archived Do any of your stores have an office JUST for the HR-Clerical??

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchdog9000

ex-GSA
So I found out something rather surprising today. There is an unused office back in TMSC, or so I thought. There is no computer in the office whatsoever. From what I've been told, the HR-Clerical has been going in there, closing the door and doing.......who knows. Rumors are read a book, nap, whatever. She disappears from her desk for hours at a time, and I'm almost absolutely positive that is where she is going.

Can ANYONE come up with an idea of something work related that could possibly be going on behind closed doors with NOBODY else in there but the HR-Clerical??

I don't want to sound like a busy body, but TIPP orders NEVER seem to be done in time, or even at all. We are constantly running out of photo lab supplies, front end supplies, etc. etc. Schedules are always screwed up, I could go on, but I REALLY would like someone to come up with a legitimate reason for her being in there with no workstation.

Our Hr-clerical works on the schedule, answers phones, handles every ones time off requests, and is the radar o'reilly of our store.
Sometimes he has to get off the phone just to get some work done and he goes into one of the offices to get away from all of us because the employees will hit him up for something about their paychecks every chance they get.
Don't know if your situation is the same, just saying.

our HRTL and HR-ETL both have a closed door office.. other than that no dedicated space other than what is shared with the team.

ETL-HR has an office next to TSC, near the break room. TSC is located next to the TM entrance, has a desk, a back area for workbench computers, and a locked room for equipment. When we had a HRTL, they would often to into the equipment room to use the computer in silence.

Our ETL-HR has an office between the TSC and equipment room, but our HRTL just sits in the TSC. Nobody seems to hide in my store - even our STL switched her office with the interview room so she could be "closer to her team" and actually see people sometimes.

Our ETL-HR has a personal office in TSC next to the break room and our HR-TM has her own computer around the corner along with the equipment room and the lockers. There is a small room that we do our first, sometimes second interviews in that is also next to our ETL-HR's office but other then those and the ETL's offices, there isn't a private office for our HR- clerical. I love my HR-TM, she doesn't do our TIPP orders for any department. Both I, GSTL, and my other GSTL do our TIPP orders and our photo TM does her own. Also each dept TL does their own TIPP orders as well. Never really heard of an HR doing that... Perhaps talk to the LOD that is there that day the next time you notice she disappears from her desk again, or even your ETL-HR. Just make sure that you talk off- stage, just in case there are ears around you. loll

"CIHYFS?"

The only people that have real closed door offices are the ETL's, we have a hallway that goes past a open TL "office" area that is comprised of desks and chairs, then a half-wall window and mailboxes and behind that is the HR "office" with all of the walkies and PDA's, then next to that is the coat room and past that is the break room and the training office..

So I found out something rather surprising today. There is an unused office back in TMSC, or so I thought. There is no computer in the office whatsoever. From what I've been told, the HR-Clerical has been going in there, closing the door and doing.......who knows. Rumors are read a book, nap, whatever. She disappears from her desk for hours at a time, and I'm almost absolutely positive that is where she is going.

Can ANYONE come up with an idea of something work related that could possibly be going on behind closed doors with NOBODY else in there but the HR-Clerical??

I don't want to sound like a busy body, but TIPP orders NEVER seem to be done in time, or even at all. We are constantly running out of photo lab supplies, front end supplies, etc. etc. Schedules are always screwed up, I could go on, but I REALLY would like someone to come up with a legitimate reason for her being in there with no workstation.

Funny thing is, none of the things that you mentioned that she is not doing or the things you state are messed up are......... NOT THERE RESPONSIBILITY!!!

The Target I worked at had one. It was upstairs, pretty much above the womans restroom. Had a high bar counter with lower counters that the computer sat at with some filing cabents and locked cabents a door that can have its bottom or top closed. It had the old microphone PA system. The Equipment room was on the other side of the TMSC above one hour photo/ the exit doors. As for the work computers they were accross from the offices above where guest service is. Plus two in the breakroom

before you get all crazy there are many other targets that were bulit in the 80s that have this same floor plan. (I've been to at least five) Plus I no longer work for them so they cant do jack to me for describing what, gee I dont know 98% of targers have?

Funny thing is, none of the things that you mentioned that she is not doing or the things you state are messed up are......... NOT THERE RESPONSIBILITY!!!

I don't know who places the TIPP order at your store, but HR Clerical has always done it at ours. No, she is not responsible for actually figuring out what we need, that falls on the team members. She has a TIPP order sheet at her desk that we will out with all the relevant info, then after she places the order she signs off on it.

Well, I put in an order for some register receipt paper and coupon paper almost 2 weeks ago. The TIPP order list has been filling up since then, and she still has not placed the order yet.

As far as the schedule screw ups go, I suppose she just keys what she is given. People are constantly being keyed in outside of their availability, but I was under the impression MAX gives you a warning when you do this (I could be wrong).

Sorry if I was unclear before about what I meant.

It also bears mentioning that our old HR-Clerical was awesome. She would literally finish her work early every day she worked and then actively pursue other things to do. She ended up being cross-trained in several hours in the store. Our current one is always complaining about not having enough hours in the day to do everything assigned to her, yet we have not cut HR-Clerical hours ever.

Something I left out of the original post, the old office used to belong to pricing team, but they moved out long ago. It hadn't been used by anyone until HR-Clerical moved in. I peeked in there last night and there was a ton of FFF event junk in there, a heater, a mini-fridge...and random books and odds/ends. So yeah..

Last edited:
I love my HR-TM, she doesn't do our TIPP orders for any department. Both I, GSTL, and my other GSTL do our TIPP orders and our photo TM does her own. Also each dept TL does their own TIPP orders as well. Never really heard of an HR doing that...

So you guys actually have access to TIPP eh? I will bring that up to my GSTL next time I see him, and see if perhaps they can change us in the system.

My GSTL is the TIPP Captain, but our TLs have access and will order if needed.

No no..I just read what I wrote. This is a misunderstanding, I meant both I, and my other 2 GSTL's. I didn't mean that I actually log in and do the TIPP order, I meant that I help her with it as far as what to order. I know how to do it I just dont have access. So when she id ready to go the TIPP order, we give her the heads up on the things we weed for the front if she doesn't already have it down... My ETL-GE helps too just in case something was missed. I do think that GSA's are pretty much GSTL's aside from the TL meetings, business walks, coaching's, and interviews. I think that aside from those things, we should be able to to TIPP orders. OMG it was hilarious, right before black friday, the TIPP order was placed for med. bags, and something went wrong where it was sent to out DTL for approval and instead of getting medium bags we got large bags only. Now, we already have a palate and a half of large bags not including the xmas ones but I was the opening shift and while I double checked the registers for any technical issues, I had the cart attendants go through all of them to fill em up with supplies , especially bags. Tell me how when he had the palate dropped, the only bags we had left was about maybe 20 boxes, which wouldnt even last us through the night. I called my ETL-GE and she informed me there wasa mix up with the TIPP order and it never sent out. I was like ok there isn't any point in partnering with a sister store now so maybe she can put a rush order on it and perhaps sprinkle a little fairly dust loll. So she drove to like 3 different stores and filled her car up to the tippy top with bags. Yes, come black friday, we did AWESOME! I managed crowd control and worked the service desk like never before, all the guests were happy, no fights except with the occasional,

Guest -- "wamart has the xbox on sale for $199 with a $50 gift card"

me-- "im sorry ma'am, but unfortunately, our policy states that we only match the prices not the gift cards."...

guest-- "what yu mean yu dont match the gift cards, thats the only reason why I came here and not there. Where does it say it in your policy? I WANT TO SEE WHERE IT SAYS THIS!!

me-- i got out the service desk reference guide with the price matching guidelines and showed her.

guest-- I want to speak to a manager, this is ridiculousness, get me a manager NOW..........I want my giftcard!!!" << I kid you not

me-- LOD come in please.

LOD-- can I help you find something?

me: can you PLEASE come to the service desk for guest assistance?

LOD-- switch to 4 please

me-- Hey I am trying to process a price match for a guest and it involves another store offering a gift card, I am aware that our policy states we do not price match any promotions involving gift cards but she would like to speak to a manager.

LOD-- Ill be right there...

2 mins pass...

LOD-- yes, how can I help you?

Guest-- "hi" (*shakes hand* in effort to wooo the LOD lmao....)

guest-- "walmart has this xbox 360 on sale for not only $199 but also with a $50 gift card. this young lady proceeded to inform me that you do not match the gift card part. it's only $50 and I was not aware of this policy prior to standing in line for 4 hours."

LOD-- yes, I am sorry but this is our policy and we will not be able to match the gift card price.

guest-- "this should be stated on the receipt or somewhere in your store...this is outrageous...now what am I supposed to do?"

LOD-- again we can match the sale price but not the GC part. (LOD apologizes and walks away)

me: "would you like to do the match ma'am?"

guest--" hold on I have to make a phone call"

me-- "okay, I will hold the item behind here for you and if you choose to do the match, I will help you, you wont have to wait in line" (they like to hear this, calms them down) loll

guest walks away...20mins later comes back to not only do the match but match prices for like 20 other items... funny thing is someone took her walmart ad out her cart (which she had when I first helped her), and I felt like telling her.. "ma'am, Im sorry, but without the walmart ad..I will not be able to match the price for the xbox kinnect" but I didnt cuz ii knew it wouldnt turn out good... hehe ;)

So you guys actually have access to TIPP eh? I will bring that up to my GSTL next time I see him, and see if perhaps they can change us in the system.

When I first started I was cross trained to do HR for about 3 months, MAX scheduler is dummy proof... loll it literally tells you everything. Just a theory, not siding with your HR-clerical, but if the GSTL and TL's from each department did their own TIPP order's.. she would have a little more time in the day to get the schedules done. Our HR-clerical only takes care of schedule editing, HR contests, punch corrections, JAS (job app. center),training packets, etc. && if she is working that day, the equipment room ( unless we get called to open it). But other then that each dept. TL does their own TIPP. Reading some of these posts, I am getting ideas on some things.

I don't know who places the TIPP order at your store, but HR Clerical has always done it at ours. No, she is not responsible for actually figuring out what we need, that falls on the team members. She has a TIPP order sheet at her desk that we will out with all the relevant info, then after she places the order she signs off on it.

Well, I put in an order for some register receipt paper and coupon paper almost 2 weeks ago. The TIPP order list has been filling up since then, and she still has not placed the order yet.

As far as the schedule screw ups go, I suppose she just keys what she is given. People are constantly being keyed in outside of their availability, but I was under the impression MAX gives you a warning when you do this (I could be wrong).

Sorry if I was unclear before about what I meant.

It also bears mentioning that our old HR-Clerical was awesome. She would literally finish her work early every day she worked and then actively pursue other things to do. She ended up being cross-trained in several hours in the store. Our current one is always complaining about not having enough hours in the day to do everything assigned to her, yet we have not cut HR-Clerical hours ever.

Something I left out of the original post, the old office used to belong to pricing team, but they moved out long ago. It hadn't been used by anyone until HR-Clerical moved in. I peeked in there last night and there was a ton of FFF event junk in there, a heater, a mini-fridge...and random books and odds/ends. So yeah..

i really don't understand why she would be doing all of the TIPP orders.. I do TIPP orders for photo myself and also have ordered items for the front end when a gstl/gsa's are busy. I also have had a cashier do a TIPP order for me when I was covering gstl hours when someone was let go.

There's no warning or anything when scheduling outside of availability. When you click on a person / day it brings a popup with the keyed availability for a TM and the button to add a shift assignment, then on the actual screen where you add the shift it doesn't show availability. If they are just keying in someone else's schedule then they shouldn't be doing any adjusting.

At my store it is mostly the Signing TM / POG TL that does 90% of the ordering, with the HR TM just ordering her own supplies when she doesn't add it to someone else's order.

i really don't understand why she would be doing all of the TIPP orders.. I do TIPP orders for photo myself and also have ordered items for the front end when a gstl/gsa's are busy. I also have had a cashier do a TIPP order for me when I was covering gstl hours when someone was let go.

To clarify, all she is doing is keying what we ordered. We have to fill out her clipboard with all the product we need, along with tipp order numbers, description, etc.

I have been a GSA for 2 years now and we do not have access to TIPP. I know how to do it because I would sit with my GSTL/ ETL-GE and do it but only TL's and ETL's have access to it and no one else can do it especially a cashier.

QUOTE=redandkhaki;20545]i really don't understand why she would be doing all of the TIPP orders.. I do TIPP orders for photo myself and also have ordered items for the front end when a gstl/gsa's are busy. I also have had a cashier do a TIPP order for me when I was covering gstl hours when someone was let go.[/QUOTE]

I have been a GSA for 2 years now and we do not have access to TIPP. I know how to do it because I would sit with my GSTL/ ETL-GE and do it but only TL's and ETL's have access to it and no one else can do it especially a cashier.

QUOTE=redandkhaki;20545]i really don't understand why she would be doing all of the TIPP orders.. I do TIPP orders for photo myself and also have ordered items for the front end when a gstl/gsa's are busy. I also have had a cashier do a TIPP order for me when I was covering gstl hours when someone was let go.[/QUOTE]

Like others have said - those things you listed are not the HR TMs responsibility...at all lol. I can see an HR TM wanting to go somewhere private to get work done but almost everything our clerical needs to do on a daily basis requires a computer so not sure what your TM is doing...

HR TMs and TLs should be positioned in TSC to be near the team. They head up the Fun Events, help with paycheck issues, etc. Our HR TM wanted to move to an area away from the middle of TSC and she was told 'no' for those reasons.

To be fair, our HR TM does A LOT - she pretty much completes the entire schedule every week, goes through JAS for applications (we get dozens every day no matter what time of the year), helps with paycheck issues/benefits/punch corrections/etc, calls in TMs to replace call outs, cash office shifts in the AM, etc, etc. Sometimes I sit at the desk next to hers to get work done and I get frustrated because people just walk up and interrupt you just because they see you there. I don't know how she does it...and don't even get me started on paycheck Fridays. It's a steady stream of people asking for their paychecks and you having to stop what you're doing to give it to them. Only the LOD or an HR TM can give them out so it's a pain in the a**.

and don't even get me started on paycheck Fridays. It's a steady stream of people asking for their paychecks and you having to stop what you're doing to give it to them. Only the LOD or an HR TM can give them out so it's a pain in the a**.

We get our paychecks from the fitting room until after the weekend, when they move to either the cash office or ETL-HR's office (only LOD or HR can get them from those places).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back