Archived Do ETLs ever move on??

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddball

Softlines TM
Does target ever rotate etls or stls around non voluntarily? Because i cannot stand my etl's fake ass! :mad::mad::mad:

It’s generally every 18 months but some don’t rotate depending on business needs and performance. Half of our leadership are “lifers” or people who have been around awhile at this same store.

So you mean rotate around department wise or store wise

Does target ever rotate etls or stls around non voluntarily? Because i cannot stand my etl's fake ass! :mad::mad::mad:

A usual store rotation is 18 months. Some do 36. Depending on the DTL they usually move stores and for development purposes sometimes change roles to become more rounded.

It's unusual to stay in the same store in a different role unless they become etl remodel.

So you mean rotate around department wise or store wise
Store wise. I work at at low volume store so she is the etl over the WHOLE sales floor. She's been at my store for 3 years and this past year with the closing of a major grocery store chain in my state our sales have been amazing..

In my state, open STL or ETL positions are extremely rare. Most ETL and SrTL sit on the bench for extremely long periods of time. The only way I can be a TL in my store is if my TL quits, move stores or gets promoted to ETL.

In my 3+ years at this store, I've never seen an ETL transfer to another store or position. The only time an ETL has left was if they quit or got fired.

In my state, open STL or ETL positions are extremely rare. Most ETL and SrTL sit on the bench for extremely long periods of time. The only way I can be a TL in my store is if my TL quits, move stores or gets promoted to ETL.
That's not encouraging, as I'm trying to eventually transfer to a store for an etl spot hopefully once I decide to do it it won't take to terribly long willing to take any store within a 45-60 min drive of my desired area

Both my etlge and etlsf moved to other stores at the same time. Etlhr moved to sf abd we bright in a new hr. My etllog moved to another store and is now an stl. Another moved to replenishment. Plus stl up to group something or other

An STL change can lead to ETLs staying put. Our SF was about to move stores but then our STL retired. Now he has to stay for stability reasons.

Last I heard, the 18 month thing was no-longer. If someone was a great fit where they are, it makes sense to keep them there if the desired metrics are being met or exceeded. Some may get moved around if someone quits or termed to fill the need.

Last I heard, the 18 month thing was no-longer. If someone was a great fit where they are, it makes sense to keep them there if the desired metrics are being met or exceeded. Some may get moved around if someone quits or termed to fill the need.

I think it depends on your district leadership but yeah we have a lot more long timers than we did before. There is a balance between stability and being stagnant. One thing I like about the 18 month rotations (we have a new ETL who is working his butt off) is you are more likely to get a motivated etl knowing their next move is up in the balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back