Archived Do guests ever touch you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a guest keep touching me tonight as I was bagging his stuff. He kept grabbing the bags as I was taking them off of the rack, but he was grabbing them way too close to my hands. It was super weird and really kind of creeped me out.

I had a guest keep touching me tonight as I was bagging his stuff. He kept grabbing the bags as I was taking them off of the rack, but he was grabbing them way too close to my hands. It was super weird and really kind of creeped me out.
I had a guy do that. Bagged everything in the one closest to me after that...

...I had multiple guests hug me over the holiday. Aside from my regulars who tap me on the shoulder all the time. Or my friend's kids who grab into my legs after running screaming through the store.

Had a old guy put his arm around me and ask me if I ever left this place or if I just spend the night here. I felt like I needed an adult and I'm 23...

Last edited:
They do that hand touching thing when I hand them bags. I'm not a fan. Other times, guests will just like clap my shoulder if I've helped them lol. No one has tried to hug me or anything but still. I like my personal space.

Quite often actually. A lot of guys like to shake your hand as if to show they really appreciated the service. And a lot thirsty old women just really like to touch the Target guy apparantly lol.

Shaking hands is fine. It was the nearly caressing my hands as I bagged stuff that was disconcerting.

Drunk old man on Christmas Eve was so grateful I found ol' Flaskzilla for him that he bruised the bones in my hand with his handshake and then insisted on a "Christmas hug". Had to zone one-handed the rest of the night. Fun times.

I feel I get touched by other TMs more than guests. Guest service is small....and when there are a lot of carts of sort....it's not uncommon for my butt to get grazed a few times.
giphy.gif

I feel I get touched by other TMs more than guests. Guest service is small....and when there are a lot of carts of sort....it's not uncommon for my butt to get grazed a few times
The freezer slide by often gets you rubbed up...always glad I'm not a guy. They seem to get whacked by pda handles a lot.

I got a hug from a regular guest the other day. I was helping her with something for a while and she started telling me about her family and how her husband had just passed away and how he always loved Christmas. Because she was so nice and seemed like she needed the hug, I let the hug happen lol.

I feel I get touched by other TMs more than guests. Guest service is small....and when there are a lot of carts of sort....it's not uncommon for my butt to get grazed a few times.
giphy.gif
This is especially true for stores with IGS (Integrated Guest Service).

One lady tackled/hugged me when I found her a christmas rug that just had no location on the myDevice...

I have only ever had the older guests do it and its mainly hand shakes and pats on the shoulder. I really don't mind the pats on the shoulder as I am young and its kinda like a "you did good kid" kinda thing. Was never really weirded out by anyone doing it. The only exception I have had was one female guest, want to say about 55, get flirty with me the day of black Friday while I was working on her phone activation. She just kept putting her hand on my shoulder was kinda awkward. Seemed like she was mildly drunk and not a forgone idea because she did say she had a good night of drinking the previous night. Other than that nothing to outlandish.

Just today a guest approached me while I was busy with a task and he decided to poke me with one finger on my shoulder to get my attention. I was appalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back