Archived Do I call about not being able to come in...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandie89

ElectronicsTM
This has nothing to do with calling out... not really.

About a month ago, I asked for time off for this upcoming weekend. For whatever reason, and I don’t know why, the request was auto-denied. I didn’t really think anything of it and check if it had been approved because my time off requests have never been denied, but when I checked the schedule for this week (two weeks ago), I was scheduled to work this Saturday. I cannot work, I already made plans that I can’t and don’t want to get out of. I let HR know this and they said they would get someone to cover because it was a mistake in the system, but I don’t know if they have or not. Question is, do I call to confirm this, or just assume that I don’t have to go in? I don’t want to do a NCNS, but I can’t go in.

Check your online schedule and follow up with hr if not call out just in case its worse to ncns then call out.

Yes, better safe than sorry. I would check with HR one more time to make sure before the day off. Then if need be, call out the day of just so the LOD that day knows as well.

You should always check on ehr on time off requests. Then, communicate to your TL or etl that you had asked for time off. Waiting till the last minute, looks bad for you.

And usually the reasons for auto denied is the request wasn't put in in time or no one approved or denied it before the schedule generated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back