Archived Do stores really do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
I saw this posted on a random forums somewhere and can't believe this would actually happen.. is this really a thing? Like even at high theft stores -- can you imagine how un-convient that would be for a guest? To have to wait for someone to come and unlock a $4 shampoo...? Do they literally have everything locked up in this store or what?

9jFYKDg.png

At my store they lock up the pregnancy tests. So awkward especially when young women ask me to get one for them. At least it prevents us from finding them all on the restroom floor

We use DVD BoxSet keepers for our Plan B pills. Guests can get them on their own, but still need to get the casheir to remove the case.

I've seen some stores lock up similar products, but not to that extent.

Based on the things right next to it being open, I’d imagine that there was a new POG that moved some more expensive stuff like the rogaine right above it and Plano didn’t remove the case.

I saw it all the time. Usually because plano can't remove the fixture.

We use DVD BoxSet keepers for our Plan B pills. Guests can get them on their own, but still need to get the casheir to remove the case.

I've seen some stores lock up similar products, but not to that extent.
I felt bad for the woman buying it. The case draws more attention to what they are buying. We have more expensive and smaller items that aren’t locked or put in a case. I’m disappointed Spot does this

Shit if I had Target I'd frisk everyone exiting.

I'd change the name to Luigi's.

Or, "Steal and Die!"

If it's in stock, we have it!!!

I felt bad for the woman buying it. The case draws more attention to what they are buying. We have more expensive and smaller items that aren’t locked or put in a case. I’m disappointed Spot does this

Respectfully I think you are totally off base here.

The shame of buying plan b is why it's an often stolen item in the first place. The same people who don't want to ask for help getting it are the same ones who would rather steal it then face a cashier for it.

I know married couples who use Plan B when a condom breaks. Using it doesn't make someone a slut. This is 2017...

I wasn’t judging the woman. I have used it myself more than once and would again.

I’m judging spot. Condoms can be expensive and we don’t lock those up.

I wasn’t judging the woman. I have used it myself more than once and would again.

I’m judging spot. Condoms can be expensive and we don’t lock those up.

Yes I realize they are cheaper than plan b but just trying to think of a related product

We tend to be reactive than proactive in AP, at least from my experience. If something trends in theft it will be protected even if something in the similar family isn't, like the condoms and Plan B.

ASANTS I guess; mine doesn't lock up the emergency contraceptive but we do watch it in other ways.

I saw this posted on a random forums somewhere and can't believe this would actually happen.. is this really a thing? Like even at high theft stores -- can you imagine how un-convient that would be for a guest? To have to wait for someone to come and unlock a $4 shampoo...? Do they literally have everything locked up in this store or what?

9jFYKDg.png
They gotta be stealing it for drugs.

Respectfully I think you are totally off base here.

The shame of buying plan b is why it's an often stolen item in the first place. The same people who don't want to ask for help getting it are the same ones who would rather steal it then face a cashier for it.

I know married couples who use Plan B when a condom breaks. Using it doesn't make someone a slut. This is 2017...
People steal Plan B because they dont want anyone to know they are using it.
We have razors in a plastic case now because people are stealing them. Its a coreless one too. The Apple stuff isnt in a coreless one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back