Do TLs have requisition budget?

are they given a certain amount each month to be able to req things out for the team?

One of the leads in my store was complaining that there hasn’t been any fun food events/activities because we don’t have an ETL HR as of now but I’ve seen her Req out bagels or candy for the team because she said she feels bad lol

No, TLs don’t have a requisition budget, at least not at my store. If a TL gives something to the team they either pay for it themselves or convince an ETL to requisition it, which, depending on the ETL, can be a gargantuan task…😁

There is a budget for the store that is extremely tight this year. We can requisition stuff for our tms but only with our ETLs approval. So far when I've asked they haven't said no though.

If we have a budget I don't know what it is. I get some sort of treats for our team weekly. Not too much but like a bag of candy or something. No one has ever said anything to me about it.

Team leads don’t have their own budgets but there are a couple budgets that stuff comes out of. That’s why it’s so important when doing a requisition to pick the right thing. “Fun-team member recognition” budget is different than say the “supply” budget if you requisition a notebook or pens or something.
Typically if it’s a one off thing that I want to recognize one team member I don’t ask and I just requisition it. But for a group thing it’s better to get approval first. When I first became I team lead I would also buy my team food with my own money until my HR found out. They said while that was nice of me to want to do that’s what the recognition budget was for and they didn’t want me doing that. I learned to partner with them every quarter or so and plan a recognition event after that.

Also I think the amount they get is per year unless I’m mistaken. That’s why if they spend too much early on they don’t leave much to play with during 4th quarter when food is expected. But I know we’ve also been given additional funds from time to time for some reason.

My SD gives me up to $25 per week for recognition funds and such for the Team , I have never been talked to about requisition funds and limiting what sorts of things I do to keep the team engaged and involved

Back