Archived Do you actually like your job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I've out grown it. I went from wanting to move up the ranks to dreding going in every day that I'm scheduled. Who I work with (coworkers) is what keeps me from going insane. As for management... well... I see how this place changes them. The pressure becomes too much and they turn in to irrational dictators. One on one converstations are what makes them tolerable (when they aren't being fake and manipulative). I've been ready to leave for YEARS now but the flexibility (not the pay that's for sure) keeps me. When I don't need that, I'm out like the flash.

I have loved my job for the whole time I have worked at target until recently. I dont know if its because of the holidays or what, but I feel like I am getting disrespected by tls and etls too much. The pay sucks but I get decent hours, so until i can put my bachelors degree to use this will do for now

The only thing I dislike overall are Redcards and 8 hours of doing nothing but cashiering (it gets really fucking dull). Otherwise I generally like my job, and when I don't it's just because I'm in a cranky mood.

I like my job. Six months on and it's been a daily variety of tasks. Hired to be part of the FDC unload/stocking team. Immediately, crosstrained in market, produce, and meat. Later trained in Plano. Now, I am part of the Plano team. :D

From past experience, I have no problem keeping busy and working with a sense of urgency. However, if I was only to do cashiering all day, every day, I would be bored.

I went from being proud to where I worked & what I did to simply punching in/out day after day.
When things started going downhill, I could still say it was the folks I worked with that kept me coming back each day. Even when the guests got worse.
Unfortunately, the good folks left & I'm stuck working with people who just don't care.
Now days I just keep my head down & try to stay out of trouble.
I'm not always successful.

Last edited:
I don't like my job. The stress and pressure are insane for what the job really comes down to: selling stuff.
There's never enough people to get the work done, lots of people just don't care, and i can't blame them for it (it's hard to care a lot when you make $9 an hour and have someone micromanaging you or giving you waaayyyy more tasks than are possible to be completed in your shift).
I came from a field I elected to leave and now want to find my way back to something outside of retail. I'm not cut out for it.

What I actually do, scanning for product and moving product around - love it. Its the management style and practice that I can't stand. Even most of the customers I don't mind.

Even the avalanche of PTM to push I love the figuring out how to fit it all in the place that looks like its already full. But please spot stop sending me people to "help" I know you are great at customer service, and a lovely person who does work your ass off. But you don't understand PTM and seasonal PTM so stop asking me where to push the stuff for stationary that is already full and can wait for it sell down a bit. I have told you several times to leave it alone.. "Look at that, CAF line is full!, Please go push a CAF, I got this."

I love my job and the people I work with. Yes, there are days when some of them are annoying, but it could be that there are days that I am annoying as well. It all balances out and honestly, it's only 8 or 9 hours a day. Target doesn't control my life. It just occupies some of it.

I would say that I enjoy my actual job ( backroom).However, the workplace politics, poor management, and the direction of the company would make me say I don't love my job but I tolerate it . I vent about it...like everyone else...but all in all if I wasn't happy with it at least somewhat ...I wouldn't still be with Spot after 18 years.

I enjoy my job to a point but it is the disrespect I don't like and I am planning to quit.

I like the people I work with. I like what I do in my workcenter and seeing how it makes a difference. However, I'm getting really tired of how the way things are run wrecks that. Overall my passion for Target has taken a serious nosedive. I know some of that is just stress from the season but there's more to it. Its just that I'm finding it really difficult to care and push myself to do better when I could just smile, nod and count down the hours until I can clock out.

After a little over a year working here, I don't know if I want to stick around for another one. Just need to get off my ass and look for better opportunities.

Some days I like it, some days I don't. I usually enjoy a quick 4 hours in and out but get annoyed when I am scheduled for several 5.5 or 5.75 shifts.

I HAVE STRONGLY MIXED FEELINGS!!!

Some days I like it, some days I don't. I usually enjoy a quick 4 hours in and out but get annoyed when I am scheduled for several 5.5 or 5.75 shifts.

I got those all the time when I was a cashier. 5.75 cashier shifts are the worst.

I'm not a big fan of 5.75 shifts, but I like them better without a lunch than when I am there for 6.25 and paid the same as if there 5.75.

I'd also rather shoot myself in the head with a paintball gun than work a 4 hour shift. If you're going to kill the day at least kill all of it with a 8-12 hour shift, not make me schedule my day around a 4 hour shift that.

I actually do really like my job. You should hear the excitement in my voice when helping guests, which is why I like working in electronics. Only problem I have is etls breathing down your necks about reshops. Even when its busy, they expect to much at times.

I have a love/hate relationship with my job. Somedays I love it...... Somedays I hate it....... There are days I want to scream and say why am I here and then there are those days when everything is smooth sailing.

I'd like to know what @commiecorvus thinks...

Not working for Spot anymore so ...

I liked my job in the beginning, like the challenges, the people I worked with and the fact that I was valued.
Sure there were problems but nothing is perfect.
And I spoke up when I saw issues but even that was accepted as was my disability.
That changed when the administration changed.
So here I am.

Interesting posts!

If you don't like where you work...

What do you dew?

Work at my store, and your opinion of Target will be very low and you will fucking hate everything about Target.

I think location does matter. If you work at a good store, your view is obviously different from someone that works at a shitty or the worst of the worst aka the store I work at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back