Archived Do you actually like your job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullselle

Softy
I've been talking to my fellow TMs, and so far every one I've talked to seems to really dread their job. It must be the holiday season getting to them, but A LOT of people have told me they can't wait to quit, and I'm starting to think it might just be the norm for the store in general. Do you want to quit?

I don't mind my job. It's not my dream job or anything, but it's certainly not miserable.

Most days the ETL's stay out of my business and let me do things as I see fit. Works well. Only days I am less than fond of are the days the GSTL is there hovering around trying to micromanage everything. The dude just never relaxes and is always a frazzled mess.

I love my job and enjoy it. I get to know a lot of the team members and only a small portion actually hate it. It makes a huge difference who you work with, rather than what you do.

As dumb as it is, I love helping guests. When I can actually help them, they get excited, I feel great.

I love my job and enjoy it. I get to know a lot of the team members and only a small portion actually hate it. It makes a huge difference who you work with, rather than what you do.

As dumb as it is, I love helping guests. When I can actually help them, they get excited, I feel great.
Totally agree!!! I love what I do but I really hate the irrational and illogical and stupid higher ups i work with but I absolutely love the job and TM's I work with otherwise the job would be unbearable. I think that goes for about every department I observed though. There seems to be a consistency that every TM is overworked and stays way past their shift yet their team leads and ETL's have conversations with them that they need to speed up or they will help them which they actually do not. At the end the reason the TM quits is because they receive no help, are constantly stressed out by the leads, or because they're underpaid for their hard work and because the lead or ETL is a jerk off.

Last edited:
i love my job but hate my bosses. they don't understand the department and try too implement and inforce things that just don't work. i can also live without a couple of my coworkers, otherwise its actually a fun job, plus im a bit of a nerd so electronics is just right for me.

I hate it but it's all I got right now and I need it to get by. With that being said, I'm going to be parting ways with Target in 2015. That's going to be number one goal in 2015. I can't work in retail forever. It's just not for me. I get nothing from it and it makes feel ashamed and embarrassed. People look down on you if you work in retail especially if you're a minion and not a boss. Besides, who wants to work in a store their whole life? I don't. There's more to life than department stores that sell groceries.

I hate it but it's all I got right now and I need it to get by. With that being said, I'm going to be parting ways with Target in 2015. That's going to be number one goal in 2015. I can't work in retail forever. It's just not for me. I get nothing from it and it makes feel ashamed and embarrassed. People look down on you if you work in retail especially if you're a minion and not a boss. Besides, who wants to work in a store their whole life? I don't. There's more to life than department stores that sell groceries.
What are you planning on?

Nope. I loved it at first, but after a while it got repetitive. I love it sometimes because, since I'm a cashier, I have to be super friendly and I get to talk to amazing people, but other than that I dislike getting yelled at by guests, having to deal with fraud, having to deal with GSTLs nagging me about RedCards, basically everything that entitles being on the front lanes. lol

Always loved the work itself.. it's the lazy coworkers, inept management and workplace politics that have made me vote Target as my worst job ever. Even then it was tolerable until 2015 when they fired the good people, leaving the rest of us to suffer with the extra workloads passed down the totem pole. Someone asked me recently if this job is better or worse than the military; it's worse, my friend. Definitely worse.

I think it depends on who you ask. Everybody comes from a different place and that is going to influence their answer. If you ask someone who has only ever worked in retail, they might like it. If you ask the ETL who got their job out of an internship they probably would like it. If you ask anyone who has ever had a non-retail I imagine most likely they aren't going to like it.

I enjoy my job, but the pay kinda sucks.

I hate it right now, but that's just 4th quarter beating me over the head. 6 months out of the year (January-June), my job is fantastic.

I love the backroom. I love being left alone, organizing things, doing the same thing every hour, trying to be efficient. I love being able to come with up projects during the slow season... the thought of organizing and condensing messed up aisles makes me all giddy.

I dislike a lot of the morning TMs, but when they get their act together (or, more likely, a higher up is breathing down their neck), they get their stuff done, and that's all I need. I like most of the other TMs I interact with. I enjoy the sense of camaraderie we get during the hard times... because everyone knows everyone is having a shit day, from the cashier to the backroom to electronics to the STL.

I actually like most of the TLs and ETLs. Yeah, I wish some of them would get off their high horses, and some of them have unrealistic expectations of me, but my TL and ETL are the best in the building. And after reading some of the stuff the rest of y'all have to put up with... I have it pretty good, leadership-wise.

Love the DC, though I can't stand some of my colleagues who complain every second or are just generally a fount of negativity. All in all, I'm probably a lifer...

It seems to me that most of the people just dislike their ETLs, and if it wasn't for them they'd probably like their job.

I feel the same way. I like the guests and my coworkers, it's just the ETLs and TLs that make my job miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back