Archived Do you have any boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we bought our house I bought I think a TV box and a few Steralite tubs to move heavy garage stuff but everything I mean everything else for 3bdrm house was packed in boxes I brought home.. It saved me $100's of dollars..

So when a guest asks if the cages are in a spot I can get to them I will pull a cart of boxes for them. But you get what I find, I will NOT just grab you the biggest boxes I can find. I will dig out the good ones.. Cause those large staralite boxes don't have enough structure to be good packing boxes..

When I moved, I just came in when the store opened, and took some from the person stocking one spot. Clothing went in garbage bags. Fragile shit when in my suitcases, electronics went in my laptop backpack.

Garbage bags are great for softline shit.

Reactions: NPC
When I moved, I just came in when the store opened, and took some from the person stocking one spot. Clothing went in garbage bags. Fragile shit when in my suitcases, electronics went in my laptop backpack.

That is cute..

Jacob feel free to price out 20-50 of those HD boxes you will find that adds up quick.. You do a full house move and you can spend a couple $100 dollars in boxes quick. Add paper, shrink wrap and paper and you will use a lot of it..

Last edited:
That is cute..

ConstantEvenEmperorshrimp-max-1mb.gif

Huh. My entire store does it, not even joking. Guest service last night grabbed some for qmos. Multiple ETLs do it as well, among other TLs. Wonder what that's about. My whole store uses them lmao

Please tell me that you are joking.
Eggs generally have bacteria called Salmonella. Small amounts of Salmonella won't hurt a healthy person. A large amount can kill you if you are sick or weak. My aunt died from exposure to it (about 20 years ago).

When we have guests that stop by to ask about boxes (for moving, not gift boxes) and if is early we'll ask for someone from the back to get a couple of boxes.....usually what we do is tell the guest that we break down boxes early in the day....and if the guest wants boxes we'll tell them to call the store to talk with a manager and they can arrange to have boxes available the next time we have a truck come.

Anyone who asks for boxes are directed to our GS desk so the answers are consistent. Also, we at least tell the guest to call during the evening and talk to the "LOD" in charge. Then, if the guest calls, then the next truck day there are boxes set aside for the guest to pick-up....guest comes, gets boxes, says "thank-you" and leaves with a good feeling from their Target store!!

Our last move I got boxes from FA & SB.
Always a crap-ton every day.

5lb bullet boxes are the best. Good size and sturdy.

If they are were any in the roll cage, a TL or ETL would bring some out. But once in the bailer, they are gone.

That, or it DOES work for them.

When we have guests that stop by to ask about boxes (for moving, not gift boxes) and if is early we'll ask for someone from the back to get a couple of boxes.....usually what we do is tell the guest that we break down boxes early in the day....and if the guest wants boxes we'll tell them to call the store to talk with a manager and they can arrange to have boxes available the next time we have a truck come.

Anyone who asks for boxes are directed to our GS desk so the answers are consistent. Also, we at least tell the guest to call during the evening and talk to the "LOD" in charge. Then, if the guest calls, then the next truck day there are boxes set aside for the guest to pick-up....guest comes, gets boxes, says "thank-you" and leaves with a good feeling from their Target store!!

Too much.

The way you described your move leads me to believe you are young, trust me on this as you get older you will collect stuff where tossing shit in a suitcase no longer works.. :)

Yeah. At the time, I was able to pack all my stuff in less than a day, and shove it all in my car.

This.
There's a few liquor stores in the area & that's where I'll send guests looking for boxes.
Most are double-sided & sturdy.

I used repack boxes for my last move. They were amazing

I would have but had some timing issues that would have made a difficult move even more harsh.. I moved in the middle of 4th quarter so not fun and got one day off for entire thing.. ugh.. I wanted to unpack as I had time and not feel rushed to get the boxes back..

Too much.

Re: the boxes.....yes, in a way it is "too much..." however, it is the guest that has the responsibility to make the call for those boxes.....most people think having to call is too much work......thus we really don't get many people getting boxes.

One of our GSAs came back and took SFS boxes to give to a guest who was asking for them. I wanted to scream.

When I worked in Pfresh we used to give people empty banana boxes but that was pretty rare.

Working flow we save boxes all the time. Put them in a cart by guest svc with guest name. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked if they could take the repacks. No no you can not

Can't blame them for asking--they're pretty nice-sized boxes and it's not like they know or spend a lot of time studying the writing on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back