Archived Do you have any boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartman

MasterBlaster (User has passed away)
What do you tell a guest when they ask if you have any boxes they could have?

Is there a standard Spot answer to this?

I would say no, definitely. Because we don't, and I'm not going to climb in the baler to get them broken-down boxes that they'll then want me to put back together.

If they happen to catch me doing pulls before I've broken down the boxes or want to save me from having to bring them back to the baler, go for it! I've had people help themselves to broken down cardboard on the floor and had no problem with it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to find boxes for anyone. Ain't nobody got time for that.

last time I had someone asked I just asked the LOD, I was filling eggs and at my store we use egg boxes for donations and we have way too many boxes sometimes and figured why not let them take like 2-3, of course I asked LOD and she said sure.

Depends where the Flow team is. If they’re pushing Beddings and Plastics, then we’ll give the ones in the bins. If not, we’ll tell the guest to come back the next truck day.

Pricing and Guest Service are priority though so they come first.

If not, we’ll tell the guest to come back the next truck day.
This is kinda my point.

What exactly are the logistics of doing as you say? Do you save X amount in the BR and put a note on it?

What happens "the next day?" Does the guest come in and ask for the boxes "a TM left for me?" Does a TM then need to stop what they're doing and go back and hunt them down?

Riddle me that...

We have a pretty simple procedure we send them to the LOD. If it's a truck day they see if we have anything if not we simply tell them no.

Last edited:
They get what they can find when they come in the store. I hate when team members gather boxes, leave them in receiving but forget to get them. I have no qualms about throwing them away the next day if they're not gone.

If we have a trash cage out we aren't supposed to say anything. Otherwise, we will check to see if we have any in the back otherwise it's no.

@TTGOz fyi it’s a food safety violation to use egg boxes for donations unless your donating actual eggs.

Huh. My entire store does it, not even joking. Guest service last night grabbed some for qmos. Multiple ETLs do it as well, among other TLs. Wonder what that's about. My whole store uses them lmao

Ask the LOD. I had a guest actually follow me back to the baler when I told him to wait out on the sales floor while I go check in the back. I then had the STL chew me ass off for it. Like it was my fault that the customer was dumbass and can't read the sign that says "team members only" on the doors to the backroom. I also had a guest ask if we had a scale in the back so that they could weigh some luggage that they wanted to buy hahaha.

I then had the STL chew me ass off for it. Like it was my fault that the customer was dumbass and can't read the sign that says "team members only" on the doors to the backroom.

I don't think your STL had to be a dick but that is kind of your fault.

How did you not notice him following you? We have a rule at my store, if someone is in the backroom who you don't recognize guest service them. Those of us in the Pacific Northwest will remember there was some guy who went around stores going into the backroom and pushing merchandise out as if he was a vendor.

We had one or two guest request boxes & we'd save a cart-full of flattened boxes only to have them 'forget' to pick them up or pick thru them & leave the rest so now the answer is 'No'.

He didn't immediately follow me. He shortly went back there probably 30 seconds after I told him to wait. He snuck up behind me while I was digging boxes out of the baler LOL. He was at fault for being an inpatient dumbass.

I don't think your STL had to be a dick but that is kind of your fault.

How did you not notice him following you? We have a rule at my store, if someone is in the backroom who you don't recognize guest service them. Those of us in the Pacific Northwest will remember there was some guy who went around stores going into the backroom and pushing merchandise out as if he was a vendor.

You don't ever come in my backroom, you will not be greeted kindly. I don't even play with vendors who are allowed back there, you aren't supposed to be there you are getting the fuck out and right fucking now..

For guests: No.

For Team Members:
SUS6j8I.gif

that's not even a question I'd bother asking a GSTL/LOD because we don't ever have enough boxes for guest service as it is, let alone guests who are too cheap to buy the ones we sell in B24

For guests: No.

For Team Members:
SUS6j8I.gif

When we bought our house I bought I think a TV box and a few Steralite tubs to move heavy garage stuff but everything I mean everything else for 3bdrm house was packed in boxes I brought home.. It saved me $100's of dollars..

So when a guest asks if the cages are in a spot I can get to them I will pull a cart of boxes for them. But you get what I find, I will NOT just grab you the biggest boxes I can find. I will dig out the good ones.. Cause those large staralite boxes don't have enough structure to be good packing boxes..

Plus, they can be heavy and awkward to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back