COVID-19 "Do You Have Face Masks In Stock?"

Are we certain that the government isn't paying compensation for the masks that have been removed from public sale? Is there anyone with enough access to the AR/AP reports to see whether or not payment was received, or is it simply assumption that masks were simply seized?

Edit: Basically a medical supply version of Eminent Domain?

All we know is they were recalled. What happens after that is above the stores level.

And for the record, I did say I fully supported all available masks going to healthcare workers. My mother is incredibly immunocompromised and I want her to be absolutely safe. This starts with everyone around her actively protecting her health. She spent half of last week in the hospital for an infection that some amoxicillin and a diflucan would have cleared up. In that time another patient died from COVID-19 at that very same hospital. More than two dozen other cases were confirmed while she was there. Because healthcare workers had the necessary equipment to keep her safe and allow her to get healthy enough to come home.

I still stand by my previous comment that government deciding what can and cannot be sold and to whom makes me uncomfortable. Like @happygoth said, the precedent sets a slippery slope if we aren’t careful.

I feel like there's no way to meet all the demands right now. My store has taken to acknowledging the truck late, which wreaks havoc on our INF/Audit numbers, but allows people who come into the store to get stuff vs. much of it being picked by OPU before it even hits the floor long enough for anyone to buy it.

We still have some guests asking if we sell face masks. 😢 Occasionally, we will get hand-sanitizing wipes but they are limited to one per guest, even if they are the very small packages. Those are usually gone within a couple of hours. I can't tell you how many guests tell me they saw these in the store yesterday! On rare occasions, I've seen bottles of hand sanitizer, those don't last very long.

TP is starting to be on the shelves most of the time. We seem to have protective gloves in stock occasionally. Anyone else have an update on their store?

We got a shitload of the GermX hand sanitizer in a couple of days ago. Still had some of it left today. TP is starting to look almost normal. The real shock was that we got yeast in and it lasted for an entire day. Oh, and we got 3 dozen Switch Lites in today. We sold about a 1/3 before noon.

We've actually had Ten-Packs of Masks in stock during the past couple of days. We're also getting some supplies of GermX hand sanitizer as well as a more-expensive tiny bottle of "boutique" hand sanitizer.

We also got a shit ton of Germ-X in & the Karens were awe-struck until they were reminded that it was STILL limit 1.
Supply lasted almost two days.

Target is selling masks (not the medical kind). I think they come in a pack of 10. They are supposed to be disposable. I think it’s perfect timing since our county announced that starting may 1st everyone is required to wear facial cover.

We have a cashier that refuses to enforce the limit rule so much hand sanitizer went through their lane
Does your SD know about this? This could come back to haunt the Guest Advocate particularly if guests start heading specifically to their lane in order to get "special treatment". Creepy to think about what that GA is thinking.....

Does your SD know about this? This could come back to haunt the Guest Advocate particularly if guests start heading specifically to their lane in order to get "special treatment". Creepy to think about what that GA is thinking.....
Yeah this is not gonna end well for that GA if they keep it up

We got a shitload of the GermX hand sanitizer in a couple of days ago. Still had some of it left today. TP is starting to look almost normal. The real shock was that we got yeast in and it lasted for an entire day. Oh, and we got 3 dozen Switch Lites in today. We sold about a 1/3 before noon.
Normal paper? We still run out everyday

Yeah this is not gonna end well for that GA if they keep it up

One you piss off all the cashiers and everyone else who are abiding by the rules and you make it harder since the "karens" will whine that they were allowed last time.

As for paper we are still running light on TP but still had some when I left today and paper towels were fine. Cleaning wipes were still wiped out though. Hand sanitizer we just the travel bottles of GermX left. But Saturday I scored a large bottle of the GermX to refill my travel bottles I keep on me at all times.

One you piss off all the cashiers and everyone else who are abiding by the rules and you make it harder since the "karens" will whine that they were allowed last time.
Yeah if I were in line and not extremely non-confrontational I would be like hey there's a limit if the cashier didn't

We have tons of TP. Nearly 3 full aisles of it.

It's still flexed all to hell, so not necessarily our normal variety, but the quantity is there.

Recently, most of the time we've had in stock ten-packs of relatively fancy "all day" face masks selling for $15. There still are quantity limits.

Recently, most of the time we've had in stock ten-packs of relatively fancy "all day" face masks selling for $15. There still are quantity limits.

Are you taling about the Bella Canvas face masks? We got a ton of those in. They are some cheap ass shit. It's just cloth that's not even hemmed. People have been returning them because they are so bad.

Back