Archived do you sign out your pda/walkie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store goes through waves about it. For a while they were threatening a write up if you didn't check it out. Currently no one gives a crap. Wait a few weeks though and they'll decided to focus on it again.

I remember when I first started the equipment cabinet was in the fitting room closet and the operator had the keys to sign in/out equipment for people. A few months after that they moved it up to TSC where it's been ever since, and the LODs had to unlock it for TMs, which lasted all of a month before they just "pretend locked" it. Every now and then they'll randomly start enforcing keeping the cabinet locked, but it never lasts more than two weeks, tops. I don't usually sign my stuff out because they can see it on workbench, and I always forget/don't care.

Actually, we do keep the walkies and PDAs locked up in my store. There's a kind of closet where they are kept with a storeroom lock on the door; the door is always locked on the outside, and always unlocked on the inside. You either need keys to get in or to unlock the storeroom by hitting a big green button that sits on the wall in TSC. You can't do this yourself, since the door will only remain unlocked as long as the button is pressed, and the button is 20 feet away from the room, so you have to get someone else to press the button for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back