Archived Do you think I got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I had my interview this afternoon at my local Target for a grocery position and personally I don't think it well super well. (I was nervous!) But the team lead who interviewed me explained a bit about the position and asked the dreaded tell me a time when questions and had me sign my availability sheet and before we left the interview room he said that the HR person was out today and would be reviewing my application before deciding on a second interview. Maybe I'm just overly worried for no reason, but does it sound like I have a shot or no?

Hard to tell. It was rare for my store, but I did have one person that I interviewed who had to come back for a second interview when the ETL was there, but he was told at the time when to come back. You might have a chance, but that might be their way of saying saying no without actually saying no, too. Good luck.

On the flip side, at my store we usually have HR call and schedule our second interviews, and I tell applicants at the start, whether it’s a yes or no from me, I’m going to tell you we’ll be in touch so don’t be alarmed when I say that. Lol my clue is I ask if their phone number is correct if it’s a yes for a second, and if their email is correct if it’s a no (so HR can send the turndown email lol).

Thanks everyone! I was just curious to settle my nerves so I didn't feel like a failure if I did blow it. Have a few other interviews lined up at other places as well.
Don’t feel like a failure if you don’t get the job, interviews are very subjective. As long as interviews are done by people and not machines, success in an interview is often as much about the interviewer as about the interviewee. One TL’s ideal candidate might not even be considered by another. Roll the dice, and Good Luck!

I think they tend to be more choosy when hiring outside of seasonal period so they may just want to see all their potential hires before selecting. If it was seasonal time I'd say no dice, though. Good luck!

Would be a no at my store but every store is different so it's really hard to say.

On the flip side, at my store we usually have HR call and schedule our second interviews, and I tell applicants at the start, whether it’s a yes or no from me, I’m going to tell you we’ll be in touch so don’t be alarmed when I say that. Lol my clue is I ask if their phone number is correct if it’s a yes for a second, and if their email is correct if it’s a no (so HR can send the turndown email lol).
Omg I’m gonna steal this for my Team Leads!

No, it isn’t. Coming in fresh, you’ll be learning the new process with everyone else without having to unlearn the old way and without bitching constantly about it.

Holy kool aid drinking clown, Batman!!!

If you really believe Target has improved its processes or remained neutral at best, you’re either incredibly naive or you haven’t been around long enough.

The stores look like absolute dogshit compared to 15 and 20 years ago.

And it’s primarily due to yearly staffing cuts at corporate and in stores that have been happening in a multitude of ways since the beginning of 2008 if not 2007 around the time Ulrich was getting ready to retire and the recession was starting to round into shape.

It has nothing to do with tenured employees not adapting or them complaining about changes. Target 100% overworks their current employees and they flat out do not care about said employees. This problem starts with the CEO and the board and trickles down to the entire company. It’s a pig for them to slowly bleed out. That’s all it is at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back