Archived do you think target is losing its appeal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By my boyfriend's place, there was a Kmart literally halfway between a Walmart Supercenter and a Target, probably no more than a three minute drive from each. It finally closed this year; was very surprised it took that long.

Also, I think Target's making a small comeback with all their home stuff. I love the Nate Berkus home stuff (well most of it anyway).. They're also advertising the appetizer serveware and pillows and crap on TV. I gave in to the ad too, cannot wait to hold my cocktail party :D

3590aqx.jpg

Last edited:
Also, I think Target's making a small comeback with all their home stuff. I love the Nate Berkus home stuff (well most of it anyway).. They're also advertising the appetizer serveware and pillows and crap on TV. I gave in to the ad too, cannot wait to hold my cocktail party :D

3590aqx.jpg

Thank you for buying those so I don't have to keep zoning them.

Unfortunately Target does have some similarities to walmart now. In my opinion Target has made a mistake by getting away from what made the company so much better than walmart. I can remember when we had stores staffed to succeed. We were able to get our jobs done and had plenty of time to provide great guest service. Now the stores are so lean on hours that there are constant code 1's at the check lanes and not enough people to work pulls and zone properly and forget about all of the stray. I can't believe the only fix corporate can come up with for the lack of proper sales floor staffing is to do these power hours that have served as more of an irritant to our guests than the great boost to team member available scores that they thought we would see. Target needs to adapt to the changing retail environment, but not forget the core values that got us where we are. Clean, well staffed stores = happy employees and happy loyal guests (customers.)

By my boyfriend's place, there was a Kmart literally halfway between a Walmart Supercenter and a Target, probably no more than a three minute drive from each. It finally closed this year; was very surprised it took that long.

You mean all that Nate Berkus stuff that got hardlocked at the register and is going on MIR?

I want to punch Nate Berkus in the face. Having to backstock all his crap including some big ass boxes that say "please rush to sales floor" and are still in the racks taking up space.

I want to punch Nate Berkus in the face. Having to backstock all his crap including some big ass boxes that say "please rush to sales floor" and are still in the racks taking up space.

Really, who didn't know the guy was just a flash in the pan?
All you had to do was look at the stuff he put out as 'timeless design' and you knew it would be clearance by the end of the year.

You mean all that Nate Berkus stuff that got hardlocked at the register and is going on MIR?

What's the issue? Is my pillow secretly exposing me to lead while I sleep?

Hey now, I would take that big sign with his gorgeous face on it. His stuff might be clearance worthy but that man is divine!

I think nowdays the people work in Target HQ is always 'CLUELESS' ... coming up with ideas, but the problem is they are always STUPID ideas that isn't well thought-out, instead of intelligent ones that is very sensible that helps employees getting their work done smarter and not waste time *sigh*

This is crazy, they just implement a lot bad ideas, but did not properly experiment with these ideas themselves before they trouble us employees with these POOR ideas!!

Last edited:
Target is trying to be everything to everybody. What made it special is they knew their demographic and catered to it. Now we are no more special than any other big box retailer. Our employees are just as stressed as Walmart employees. People used to think Target was the best big box retailer to work for. Not anymore. Expect More Pay Less is the motto for the team. I honestly think that most team members work hard every single day. Their reward for busting their asses is less help and a larger workload.

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back