Archived Do You Use Your Phone at Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our merch locate has been broked for ages now. It'll either crash the register or just say item not found.

How do check on the price checker though I didn't know that was a thing
Push the numbers on the side of checker.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    678.2 KB · Views: 40
Push the numbers on the side of checker.

This. If you have the red PCT2(?) scanners, you can scan the item or type in the DPCI, and it will tell you the home location on the sales floor and whether or not the item is located in the backroom in addition to the current selling price.

I use my phone all the time. Mainly to look up info on Target.com or cartwheel.

I have been known to use it for personal reasons, especially when there is bad weather in the area (text re: updates about the weather.) I use it to play music before we open, too. I try to keep my personal texts to my break time.

ETA: I also take pictures of items I need to order, or other things I need to fix... as a reminder.

Our price scanners located on the poles through out the stores aren't fancy. You can't type a DPCI in them to get info. They just scan UPC codes to check prices and give info about the item in the BR.

Last edited:
I have my phone with me all the time, but usually only check it a couple times throughout my shift. It kind of depends who I'm zoning with or how busy it is. If it's a slow night and we can get through everything fine I'll probably check it more. Once in a while I'll use it for Target.com/Cartwheel but since our store wave zones, one of us usually has a working MyDevice and we're together the whole night anyway.

I just took my phone out to check a swimsuit availability , because the my device was really slow , and I
was right by my etl !
Also , he always goes to me to show guests how much I saved with cartwheel ! I just reached $1000 !
Of course , it helps that I have an IPhone and a bulky red case on it !

I rarely look at it while on the clock. Some other team members manage to always be on it.

I usually send all my messages a minute before break ends so that I have a whole ton of notifications to come back to when my shift ends lol.

Happened to me today. I work Service desk and the closer is ALWAYS late!! So it was 5:05, I was supposed to go home at 4, and my boyfriend was getting concerned cause normally i try to let him know if I'm staying late. So I sent him a quick text, less than 10 seconds out, letting him know I can't leave until I'm releaved. But we have a new team who store is literally in shambles who are dictators, like North Korea honestly, and the ETL came up to me and yelled, seriously yelled, about loafing, and how it's an automatic write up, and she doesn't care if I had to go, I should have told the LOD instead of texting on company time, when the LOD was standing less than 5 ft away from her on the phone with his wife. Can't wait for this damn team to get their own fucking store and leave mine the hell alone.....

Reminds me why I left target on medical leave for more than necessary after I blew my knee out....... bullshit and favoritism.

Only when I'm on break where I just browse reddit the whole time. Wouldn't take it out during the day because my hands are almost always filthy after a few hours, black with dust or some sticky crap.

Only as a tool for work. Using the Target app, Cartwheel, taking notes, keeping track of breaks/when people leave so I don't need to check the grid all the time. I'm a GSA with ADD so it's a bit of a struggle sometimes, but I make it work for me.

the ETL came up to me and yelled, seriously yelled, about loafing, and how it's an automatic write up, and she doesn't care if I had to go, I should have told the LOD instead of texting on company time, when the LOD was standing less than 5 ft away from her on the phone with his wife.

Meanwhile, my TL takes selfies in front of TMs before asking us why we aren't working harder. :rolleyes:

I use mine more than I should, but all my TLs have the "key jingle of authority" going on, so you can hear them coming from a mile away.

Nobody gives a shit at my store. People literally go on Facebook and bash their job/ moronic guests/ their TLs while they're working. At least it keeps the job entertaining.

My STL saw me (looked at me) then continued walking - never heard about it again. ETL-SF saw me texting in the backroom and laughed and said i saw you! My SR TL has seen me while pushing a cart i think and said don't do that. I think that's all.. lol

I usually don’t use my phone on the clock, but always have it on me. If I do, it’s to help a guest or find a DPCI on the Target app to make tags. Although today I used it to take a few snaps of the seasonal department and an odd sale sign (see Target Memes thread)

Yes only if no walkies are available. Other than that no.

Nope. I leave it in my locker. The only time I used it while on the floor was the week I had to call each morning to see if I had to report for jury duty, and I told my TL what was going on. And I know other TMs have had temporary family situations where they have to be reachable in case of emergency. Can I manage to go a few hours without checking for texts or FB? It's surprisingly easy.

I always have my phone on me, but it never comes out of my pocket. If i feel someone calling me or texting me, I’ll pull it out just enough to see who it is but that’s it. Texting/personal things are for your breaks in my opinion

I have my phone on me because of a disabled child & I've fielded more than one call from the school nurse.

I can't imagine why someone would want an emergency call to go through the store instead of right to you. That's moronic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back