Archived Does anyone else hate this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does nobody think of how this damages our guest's image of Target? This creates a negative image in that guest's mind, and may cause them to shop us less due to perceived pricing issues. How do you know if, because of questioning that guest on that price change, the guest decides to go to Best Buy or another retailer to buy a new TV, or for their kids school clothes and supplies? If that was that guest's first time in a Target, what kind of impression would it make on them if you denied them the price change and THEY WERE RIGHT - THE ITEM WAS IN THE WRONG SPOT!!!

1.) Target is doing a fine job itself of ruining it's own image. I don't have to do anything to help with that.

2.) They weren't right and were jerks about it. I'm not paid enough to bend to the whims of rude guests. When you personally attack someone, don't expect them to be ho-hum with helping you out.
So what you are in essence saying is that you refuse to follow target's guidelines, correct??? Well, that could be considered insubordination or at the least, failure to follow instructions. You sir are part of the problem, not part of the answer. Target has deep pockets and no measly $20 price change is going to hurt Target or our employment. I work PCV on a daily basis, and I can assure you that the daily total of the price changes for MY store is usually less than $150. With sales of about $100K per day, $150 is nothing. Even if there is some fraud evident, that is what AP is there for. If one cashier is giving friends sweetheart deals, it becomes evident VERY QUICKLY on AP reports. If the same guest is doing fraudulent price changes, again, AP will be on it like stink on schnit. And for rebuttal:

1 - I agree, Target is doing a fine job ruining it's own reputation. Don't help contribute to the decline by being rude yourself to our guests and not following TARGET's guidelines.

2 - Until the time that the name of the store changes to Brazzlebub's, you were hired to follow Target policies and procedures. That is why they exist. If you claim you are not paid enough to be nice to rude guests, then I suggest you choose another career field. It is quite common in retail to have rude guests. You have to remember everyone is different. Maybe they had a bad day. Maybe they just lost their job. Maybe a friend or family member just passed away. Maybe they are just rude SOB's that don't give a damn. It is not our job to judge them, but to provide good guest service to them. If that means following Target's empowerment guidelines, then so be it. In over 12 years with Target, I have not heard of ANYONE getting in trouble for using the $20 empowerment guideline.

well said.

Its funny at my store we have a gstl that has been there at least 4 years and today she asked someone to do a price check on a item that more than what the guest said it was for on the shelf. I happened to be close by and she sent the guest to show me. I am thinking its like $60 off or something. When I get there it was a old sale sign that said the item was $2 off. Im thinking are you seriously calling for someone to check with the guest for 2 bucks. I know you want the sign pulled but dont send the guest back there. Its just a waste of the guest time. Also even though the gsa/gstl does have to do a lot you still should not make you cashier feel like crap in front of the guest. If that is too much to ask then maybe they should not be in that position. If you still have the tac not to talk to the guest any kind of way then you can do the same for a team member. just my 2 cents

Its funny at my store we have a gstl that has been there at least 4 years and today she asked someone to do a price check on a item that more than what the guest said it was for on the shelf. I happened to be close by and she sent the guest to show me. I am thinking its like $60 off or something. When I get there it was a old sale sign that said the item was $2 off. Im thinking are you seriously calling for someone to check with the guest for 2 bucks. I know you want the sign pulled but dont send the guest back there. Its just a waste of the guest time. Also even though the gsa/gstl does have to do a lot you still should not make you cashier feel like crap in front of the guest. If that is too much to ask then maybe they should not be in that position. If you still have the tac not to talk to the guest any kind of way then you can do the same for a team member. just my 2 cents

To piggy back on this, I know when I am out on the floor and a guest flags me down cause the AD team screwed up and put the signs on the front end cap and not the back so that mattress cover is now $15 instead of $60, I will pull the signs tell the guest yes we have to honor that price. I tell the guest to challenge the price with the cashier, the guest goes away happy and then I get the GSTL on the radio and let them know. So when the guest challenges it, they know and don't ask for a price check.

No it was not the guest moving a sign, once I actually started looking, AD had flipped signs for three end caps all front to back. And it was my first day Tuesday so they had been up almost three days at that point.

I apologize to cashiers if the GSTL doesn't explain that they were warned so they knew to "just change it".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back