Archived Does anyone have anyone leftover from their Orientation Group?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only really remember one person from my orientation. They were gone within a month... just never came back. But I believe my orientation was also for two stores as it took place at another store. So most of those people may have stayed there.

I'm pretty sure there's nobody remaining in the company who was with Spot all the way back in 2008.

I honestly can't remember who else was in my group except the person who ran the orientation. She's still here but I'm guessing the others aren't.
Nevermind, I forgot that was 2 ETL-HRs ago.

I think of it like the Hunger games. Some say Target is a low level job but some people can't even hack it here. So if you are still trucking more power to you. You have thus far survived retail
But at what cost?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what happened to all the other ones, I just know one guy left to work at a restaurant my girlfriend happened to be working at and I saw him there and I chatted him up and stuff. That was kind of cool, but the others, I have no idea.

I feel kind of strong, being able to say I'm the last one standing. I just wish I wasn't literally stuck working at the front of the store after a year. Have been turned down for multiple positions, and my GSAs seem to forget within 5 minutes that I'm ever-so-willing to help with zoning, stray, freight, and all things sales floor.

Apparently all my leaders think I'm good at what I do and LOVE my flexibility and the facts that I get my job done and that all my interviews and applications were GREAT(word for word too, they loved me.) but something just was better about someone else. I don't take it personally, but I'd love to get out of cashiering. Working self checkout even provides me with relief, even if it makes time go super slow.

Last edited:
I am the only one left out of 4. One ran out the door crying a couple weeks after starting. Something an LOD said to her made her cry. She filed a complained through the hotline trying to get the LOD fired. LOD is still there. The other two were really weird, left after 2 or 3 months.

I was hired in a mass hire for a new store and I'm pretty sure I am the only one left after almost 9 years. Changed stores twice since then but if any of the tms/etls/even stls are still around I would be shocked. We lost if first gsa for stealing Giftcards. First walk of shame I saw and this was 2 months after store opening!

I had nearly 30 in my seasonal orientation group. There's 4 of us left 2 and a half years later

There was maybe...eight people in my orientation group. I say that skeptically, because two people never showed up. Only two are left; one usually works over in hardlines carts, and the other is that older lady who acts like every minor inconvenience she experiences on a day-to-day basis is just another hurdle on the track that she is running in the Suffering Olympics. She's in pfresh.

There was 3 people in my orientation including me and those two are gone just me and it's been 2 years.

Surprisingly, from my first orientation in 2006, another dude became an ETL and is currently a DTL.
My business college class are all still around except one dude who didn't really like retail...

I have one. I've been with the company way over a decade (not getting specific because I'm not giving my identity away) but there is a person that started with me still working at the store. They even came from the previous business that was there, I believe they've been in my building over 30 years now.

That's a no. I started as seasonal cashier and only one other person got kept from my group and she quit after 6 months.

My orientation was so long ago...so its safe to say I am the only one left. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing ( depends on the day) ;)

It was only me and two other guys. I was the only one left after about a month. First guy didn't show up after orientation for cart attendant. Guess it was too much work for him lol.

10 year plus veteran here. This is my several store I been at as I have moved quite a bit since I've been with the company. If I were to visit my first store, I might see someone, but I'm guessing I'm the last of the mohechans :):D

After almost 6 years it's me and an older lady that works Guest Service. When it gets close to our anniversary she likes to remind me since we are the only two left. I still talk to one other from my group that I became friends everyone once in a while.

There were 20 of us - and I'm the only one left. Oh, the days.

I believe I'm the last one from my orientation group. Me and a former GSA were both hanging on, but then she got offered a more relevant job to her studies and took up the offer. Yay me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back