Does anyone in your store still wear khakis?

We still have quite a few who do, but jeans are more prevalent. Our SD wears jeans more often than not, as does most of leadership. Was just looking through my closet today and thinking about getting rid of my khakis.

Not really. Mostly jeans. I still have my khakis that I use as my backup pants in case my jeans rip or something

Cargo pants are hard to find in jeans, plus they have enough pockets for gloves, box cutters, red marker, keys, cough drops, name tag (when on break), phone charger and cord, wallet and spare change.

This might be location-specific. My store is near Seattle. Wearing jeans to work is considered very cool, the khaki trousers not so much. In Seattle-area office professional jobs, most jobs only require "business casual" or "casual" clothing rather than more formal "business" dress. I get the sense that many other areas of the US aren't so "laid back".

I go back and forth between blue jeans and khakis. I prefer the feel of jeans though, so I've finally found one pair of tan jeans (that aren't skinny/jeggings like Target seems to favor) at another store, but haven't had any luck finding more. I did try on some of the Skinny/Jegging ones today, and I don't know, they just don't look good with my gym shoes and the fact that I have a big feet, lol!

This might be location-specific. My store is near Seattle. Wearing jeans to work is considered very cool, the khaki trousers not so much. In Seattle-area office professional jobs, most jobs only require "business casual" or "casual" clothing rather than more formal "business" dress. I get the sense that many other areas of the US aren't so "laid back".
Business casual means that you aren't wearing a blazer/suit jacket, but that you can pass (barely) as business formal by putting one on. It's ridiculous the kind of clothing people wear and try to pass off as "business casual". Women are worse than men (skirts too short, heels too high and showing heel and toe, neckline too low, yoga pants or pants too tight) but men are bad too (shirts so tight that muscle definition is clearly seen, tight pants, athletic shoes). Sometimes I wonder if the younger generation even knows what business casual is, rather than knowing and ignoring, because they haven't seen an entire staff in a professional setting clothed appropriately.

Jeans all the way. Gap Factory jeans to be more specific, $30 and the quality is good.

Last edited:
Back