Does anyone know anything about the Executive Team Leader-Fulfillment Operations coming to all stores?

Im sorry if posting news that's not yet confirmed isn't allowed here but there has been an extensive post on reddit discussing this a little bit, and I'm curious. I've been a long-time lurker, and a new(ish) team member, but I just wanted to know if it's true? There seems to have been a bunch of leadership/positional changes that no one is talking about in store (probably not accessible to bottom-line TMs). Is this a new, permanent title or is it only being posted because of the upcoming holiday season? Once again, I'm only curious because fulfillment is something I'm interested in growing with, and we just got a TL for it, and now I'm hearing news about an ETL for it.

Interesting... I'm only seeing 3 requisitions posted for it across the entire company so far: "Executive Team Leader Fulfillment"

Looks like it'll roll out to ultra high volume stores to start? Like stores that already have a separate ETL for Inbound Ops and all that?

Link to thread: . It makes sense for some stores to introduce this position since we get anywhere from 2-3k opu units and around 200 sfs a day and we have the same staffing as gm and only have 1 FF TL. In most stores the GM ETL owns GM, Fulfillment, and Inbound which may have been manageable a couple of years ago but going from 5 trucks a week to 10 is too much for one person to deal with the workload and its being rolled out to high volume stores rn with more in the future probably to deal with growing demand.

Okay so then i assume not all stores are getting it, at least not for some time now, but I can see this position becoming the norm on a leadership chart in a couple of years.

I actually never looked at the target job page for the job, but yes, only about 3 or 4 postings in Minnesota stores.

Looks like it's a dedicated permanent position, there's internal postings on Workday for the position now. It has a fulfillment-specific job description. Sounds to me it's for SFS high volume stores with FOTLs and probably the new sortation center stores.

ALL ABOUT FULFILLMENT

Experts of operations, process and efficiency who enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring guests get what they want, when they want it, and how they want it. The fulfillment team picks, sorts, preps and packs products safely, efficiently and effectively to deliver convenience and quality for our guests.
At Target, we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Fulfillment Executive Team Leader can provide you with the:

Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building and managing a guest first culture on your team

Knowledge of retail business fundamentals including: fulfillment sales trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies

Experience setting and planning department(s) daily and weekly workload to support business priorities and managing a team to deliver on sales goals

Experience managing a team of hourly team members and leaders; creating business specific strategies and goals

Skills in recruiting, selecting and talent management of hourly team members and leaders
As a Fulfillment Executive Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:

Lead and create a service culture that prioritizes the guest service experience, model, train, and coach expectations to deliver the service standard

Drive fulfillment store sales, understand your role in sales growth, and how fulfillment contributes to and impacts total store profitability

Manage a team that delivers on fulfillment capabilities to deliver a great guest experience, partner with store leadership on processes where needed

Manage a team that are experts in fulfillment operations, accuracy and efficiency

Create a guest obsessed culture and lead a team that balances both the in-store and digital guest to deliver on store sales goals and execute to meet daily timelines

Create a scheduling plan in partnership with your team leaders based off daily and weekly business workload and fulfillment forecasts

Conduct consistent daily check ins with your team throughout their shifts to ensure completion of tasks and workload

Manage all fulfillment spaces and partner with other leaders and teams to determine ongoing fulfillment hold space and backroom needs

Oversee fulfillment team leaders workload planning, including intraday workload planning, supply replenishment, planogram hold and work spaces and equipment maintenance

Partner with total store workcenter leaders including Inbound, GM, Specialty Sales, Service & Engagement and HR leaders to assess team and operational performance, including inventory management

Plan, manage and follow up on organizational and operational change  Develop and coach your team leaders to elevate the skills and expertise of the team, including onboarding and continuous training

Establish a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management

Anticipate staffing needs, talent plan and recruit – both short term and long term

Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias

Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance; lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment

As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes  Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.)

All other duties based on business needs

Seconding what BackupTL here said - looks like it's going specifically to high volume stores with sort centers. Interesting.

Looks like it's a dedicated permanent position, there's internal postings on Workday for the position now. It has a fulfillment-specific job description. Sounds to me it's for SFS high volume stores with FOTLs and probably the new sortation center stores.
So, if it’s available in my store, I would see it in Workday? I would be super interested for my store-we have 1 Fulfillment TL and I often am next in line when she is out/off.
I would also hope that they would talk to me about this position if it’s available at our store :/

Where did you find this on Workday? I didn't know target posted jobs in Workday.

Where did you find this on Workday? I didn't know target posted jobs in Workday.
Yeah pretty much all positions are there. They're not required to post positions that they know they're going to backfill internally (ex. an ETL position being filled by someone on ETL bench or floater) but new positions and ones open to interview are often on it.

What exactly does the Fulfillment ETL do? My co-TL in Fulfillment is interested and there is a rumor we are getting an ETL. Our GM ETL doesn't really do anything for us specifically other than follow up if stuff will be done for 4:30 and ask if we're documenting red INF etc. I feel like the 2 of us do what the ETL should be doing and he said if it's just that he's going to apply for it (since he's basically doing it anyway).

He doesn't have an account here so I said I'd ask. 🙃

We have 2 FFTLs and 3 GM-ETLs. One of the GM-ETLs owns FF. Many high volume stores in our district do this too. So basically it’s just making it official what we been doing unofficially I guess.

What exactly does the Fulfillment ETL do? My co-TL in Fulfillment is interested and there is a rumor we are getting an ETL. Our GM ETL doesn't really do anything for us specifically other than follow up if stuff will be done for 4:30 and ask if we're documenting red INF etc. I feel like the 2 of us do what the ETL should be doing and he said if it's just that he's going to apply for it (since he's basically doing it anyway).

He doesn't have an account here so I said I'd ask. 🙃
More than likely, you won't be getting an ETL just for Fulfillment (unless your SFS numbers are absurd). Your store will probably just add a 2nd ETL-GM position and assign fulfillment to one of them. At least, that's what happened with us.

One of our ETL-GMs owns Inbound and half of GM, while the other owns Fulfillment and the other half. Definitely an improvement, but they will likely have GM responsibilities too.

Back