Archived Does anyone know what N03* means for background check score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I'm going through the hiring process for Target and just received a letter with the details of my background check. Under the sex offender score it has me as Eligible which I assume means I passed and under the criminal background core it lists "N03*".

Does anyone know what N03* might mean?

No3 was a pay grade for an entry level position. My guess is the type of background check probably depends on your pay grade.

They send background check results in the mail? Are these sent to candidates that are turned down? Or every applicant?

@ThatAPguy Thanks after researching the past couple hours I figured it had something to do with pay grade. That's better then it saying ineligible or failed I suppose.

@Humble TL From what I can tell from researching they send you a letter if something in your background might cause an adverse action (which can mean not hiring you). I had some stuff in my background and I'm waiting to hear if everything goes through ok, it basically tells you if you passed of not in the letter though but I wasn't able to decipher what N03* meant so that's why I asked.

Last edited:
They send background check results in the mail? Are these sent to candidates that are turned down? Or every applicant?
Some states either require a copy or mandate a copy if requested by the applicant. It was buried somewhere in the consent for background check, it listed the states, and it's in every applicant packet I've filled out lately.

@Fyi Yeah that's gonna be my best bet I'll just have to wait until Monday but finger's crossed it'll work out. Thanks.

@Tessa120 Oh yeah I had forgot about that possibility but I had already received a copy of the results a couple days after directly from First Advantage, this had come from Target HR and included more information like the actual scores of my background test that's why I was wondering. But that's a good observation though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back