Archived Does HR at anyone else's store not take phone calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're specifically instructed at our store to take a message for anyone who calls for HR. But I'm pretty sure half of those messages never make it back to them. It's frustrating getting phone calls from the same applicants day after day and not being allowed to just flat out tell them no one is going to take their call no matter how many times they try or when they try. It's even better when they get pissy at me like it's my fault. Anyway, is this typical, or is my store just weird? A TM who transferred from another store was totally baffled by it.

In my store if myself or the other HRTM is in its our responsibility to act as operator instead of fitting room so they can focus on guests with their needs instead of being tied to the phone. Whenever a guest does call and asks for HR I always take the call since we’ve been needing to staff lightly here and there and will setup interviews as calls come in. I’m not sure if the HR answering phone rull is suppose to be corporate wide since ASANTS but my entire district follows this. The only time we don’t follow this is extremely busy times of the year in fourth quarter if we have no hours and are busy I will not take calls for the day. But it’s best to at least get a message and call them back instead of them calling back numerous time.

Sounds weird to me. I don't see why the HR wouldn't take a phone call.

She'd kind of be forced to when she's the closing lod

I share in their bafflement because that's unprofessional af. I know if HR had played phone tag with me back when I applied I would start to assume they rejected my application and look elsewhere

I ask them to take messages if I have an orientation or interviews. I can’t be held responsible if I never get the message, and frankly it is tedious going through dozens of phone calls a week from applicants. I will call you if I want to interview you. Don’t get sassy with me if you call back several times checking that I got your application. Either reapply or wait for the call. I get 50 applications a week. I have to screen.

I ask them to take messages if I have an orientation or interviews. I can’t be held responsible if I never get the message, and frankly it is tedious going through dozens of phone calls a week from applicants. I will call you if I want to interview you. Don’t get sassy with me if you call back several times checking that I got your application. Either reapply or wait for the call. I get 50 applications a week. I have to screen.
Only HRs will understand this. Try getting back to 50 people when you are given 15 hours as the only HR team member in your store.

Oh, our HR DGAF. They told us to tell applicants that if we are interested then we will reach out to them. It’s harsh, but it is effective.

Only HRs will understand this. Try getting back to 50 people when you are given 15 hours as the only HR team member in your store.

And I don't need 50 people. About 25% of the interviews I schedule don't show or show up late (which is an automatic turndown for me.)

Yeah, I get that you guys in HR are pretty busy. My store is the busiest in my city so it makes sense. I just feel bad constantly lying to people, and also get annoyed with the same people calling again and again.

At my store, the stock answer from the operator is, "you will hear either by phone or email either way, so make sure to check your email."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back