Archived Does it take more than one call to the Hot Line to get something fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really depends on what the issue is. Is it because your ETL is rude? Don't waste your time calling because nothing will come of it. Is it because your STL is sexually harassing you every morning in the cooler? It will be taken very seriously from 1 call. I went to different extremes to try and show the difference because it honestly depends on what the issue is.

It seems like you would be treading on some incredibly thin ice if it even looked like you had coerced your team into calling the hotline. Probably the best way to present it is to remind the team of the number and what it's for at a huddle or something.

It really depends on what the issue is. Is it because your ETL is rude? Don't waste your time calling because nothing will come of it. Is it because your STL is sexually harassing you every morning in the cooler? It will be taken very seriously from 1 call. I went to different extremes to try and show the difference because it honestly depends on what the issue is.

its a safety issue, after a month of complaining to everyone in our store, we still have no fans in receiving for truck unload, none on the line and nothing blowing in the trailer, had to be atleast 90 in the trailer today, plus it was very humid. Poor guys were just drenched in sweat and looked like death when they were done

its a safety issue, after a month of complaining to everyone in our store, we still have no fans in receiving for truck unload, none on the line and nothing blowing in the trailer, had to be atleast 90 in the trailer today, plus it was very humid. Poor guys were just drenched in sweat and looked like death when they were done

I learned awhile back that complaining about a mechanical issue won't work. I'm not sure if you have inputted a work order into the system but that should be putting your store's SFT on the clock, in a sense, to address that issue. Fans that are hooked to the wall to blow air into the truck are orderable via TIPP and typically get assigned to the SFT to be installed but, at the end of the day, the fans aren't all that effective so you should be switching out your unloaders every 30 minutes or so. Hope this helps. ;)

Log on Tipp and order the fans yourself or have SFT/signing order you some. Requisition some box fans off of the sales floor to use until they come. Calling the hotline over a fan is a waste of time. Most importantly, like fenixfyre said, rotate out your unloaders.

Grab the unloaders a drink after their time in the truck.

Edit - Before you even respond with something along the lines of - They won't let me get a $20 box fan or I'll get in trouble. If the ad set team can get breakfast every Sunday or the closing team can get a drink and snack every week or so or the HRTM can go requisition stickers and folders and construction paper weekly then you can get a damn fan or two.

Last edited:
Log on Tipp and order the fans yourself or have SFT/signing order you some. Requisition some box fans off of the sales floor to use until they come. Calling the hotline over a fan is a waste of time. Most importantly, like fenixfyre said, rotate out your unloaders.

Grab the unloaders a drink after their time in the truck.

Edit - Before you even respond with something along the lines of - They won't let me get a $20 box fan or I'll get in trouble. If the ad set team can get breakfast every Sunday or the closing team can get a drink and snack every week or so or the HRTM can go requisition stickers and folders and construction paper weekly then you can get a damn fan or two.
some reason i cant get into tipp, but ill have the signing person log me in and see if i can find them, and for the box fan thats what we used to have and AP took it away becuase it was a "safety" issue...even had a BR TL try and req one and AP got pissed at him :/ guess ill just do it myself and see what they say when it shows up :)

some reason i cant get into tipp, but ill have the signing person log me in and see if i can find them, and for the box fan thats what we used to have and AP took it away becuase it was a "safety" issue...even had a BR TL try and req one and AP got pissed at him :/ guess ill just do it myself and see what they say when it shows up :)

You need to be setup in the system to be able to have access to TIPP. I would still partner with the SFT, with a work order number in hand, about the issue and ask him/her when the work order could feasibly be completed. Requisitioning some box fans in the meantime might be abit of a hinderance to your unload process so you might want to seriously consider the rotating of your unloaders. You could, however, requisition 24 packs of water and keep on standby in the dairy cooler for your unload team until the fan issue is addressed.

Have you express your concerns to your etl-log, etl-hr, & stl on the issue? If not, do it. If so, try one more time, then contact your hrbp or dtl.

Have you express your concerns to your etl-log, etl-hr, & stl on the issue? If not, do it. If so, try one more time, then contact your hrbp or dtl.

yep went as high as i could instore, our STL said the fans cost to much....thats why i figured the hotline might help

I would have random TMs faux-faint of heat exhaustion. That should get the Execs the message that its HOT!!!

yep went as high as i could instore, our STL said the fans cost to much....thats why i figured the hotline might help

Immediate hotline call. No questions asked. Even if they end up coming down on the STL's side ("that's a comfort issue, not a safety issue") you still need to at least try.

Immediate hotline call. No questions asked. Even if they end up coming down on the STL's side ("that's a comfort issue, not a safety issue") you still need to at least try.

Comfort will still bring about change, but it takes more for them to notice. I can't go into details, but my store had an issue last year for comfort that resulted in a $20,000+ project to fix things.

Our STL purchased an industrial fan for the unload process, 36 inches across and cost $300. It cut our unload times by about 1/3 because of the additional amount of movement allowed by less strain on the muscles. Put it to them like that and they tend to jump at the chance to speed things up.

Our STL purchased an industrial fan for the unload process, 36 inches across and cost $300. It cut our unload times by about 1/3 because of the additional amount of movement allowed by less strain on the muscles. Put it to them like that and they tend to jump at the chance to speed things up.

That's what I have at my store too.

Logistics Monkey, does your store still have the fan (secured to an swiveling arm) that is supposed to blow into the trailer during unload? If its still there on its arm, but doesn't work, perhaps your SFT can try to fix it or he could send it up further for repair. I don't think that would cost the store anything. Mule would know more about that type of thing......

So sorry about your executives lack of compassion.

Logistics Monkey, does your store still have the fan (secured to an swiveling arm) that is supposed to blow into the trailer during unload? If its still there on its arm, but doesn't work, perhaps your SFT can try to fix it or he could send it up further for repair. I don't think that would cost the store anything. Mule would know more about that type of thing......

These type's of assets don't have a system in place for repair. If the SFT at their store wants to try, they are welcome to, but after that it is pretty much considered a loss to Target. The company that makes the fans allows you to order replacements, but they aren't accessible to us through our normal channels. It still amazes me that their store says it's too expensive. Stores are allotted expenses for these types of things, and to say they don't want to spend it sounds like they are sacrificing their TMs comfort and safety just to make their numbers look better(in this case I would almost call it a lie).

never had them :( all we have is busted ass lights on swivel arms, the old fan was just some little floor fan that they req, from the floor, STL insists fans are like $900, i told her i could get fans for the entire back of the store for that price

Why call the hotline??? Just go to your STL....thats where the call ends up anyway. Man up and go sit down and talk. Forget the hotline.

You know I have heard people suggest at times that Target's CEO should be on undercover Boss, but I doubt they would ever agree to it. It would be nice to see if one of our stores were picked to do that show lol. Plus me being a former employee of there, It would be entertaining to see as well. But Gregg might not do anything like this? rather just say "oh well you see the reason why ETL's yell at TM's sometimes is because its part of best practice and we at Target believe it adds to our FFF culture"
, but here is a clip of a CEO owning a boss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZYvt_pEolo

That......is.....the BOMB!
The manager's face is priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back