Archived Does it take more than one call to the Hot Line to get something fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I have heard people suggest at times that Target's CEO should be on undercover Boss, but I doubt they would ever agree to it. It would be nice to see if one of our stores were picked to do that show lol. Plus me being a former employee of there, It would be entertaining to see as well. But Gregg might not do anything like this? rather just say "oh well you see the reason why ETL's yell at TM's sometimes is because its part of best practice and we at Target believe it adds to our FFF culture"
, but here is a clip of a CEO owning a boss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZYvt_pEolo

OMG that was an amazing video.

You know I have heard people suggest at times that Target's CEO should be on undercover Boss, but I doubt they would ever agree to it. It would be nice to see if one of our stores were picked to do that show lol. Plus me being a former employee of there, It would be entertaining to see as well. But Gregg might not do anything like this? rather just say "oh well you see the reason why ETL's yell at TM's sometimes is because its part of best practice and we at Target believe it adds to our FFF culture"
, but here is a clip of a CEO owning a boss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZYvt_pEolo
That was great! :bomb:

Why call the hotline??? Just go to your STL....thats where the call ends up anyway. Man up and go sit down and talk. Forget the hotline.

Have you not been following the thread at all? The STL has already shot them down.

Have you not been following the thread at all? The STL has already shot them down.

I certainly have. The hotline goes straight to the STL. So talk it out. ETL-HR and STL are the answer. The hotline is for chickens.

Logistics Monkey, does your store still have the fan (secured to an swiveling arm) that is supposed to blow into the trailer during unload? If its still there on its arm, but doesn't work, perhaps your SFT can try to fix it or he could send it up further for repair. I don't think that would cost the store anything. Mule would know more about that type of thing......

So sorry about your executives lack of compassion.

My store has those fans mounted on the walls in Receiving. During the day, they point into the backroom, but the flow team turns them into the trucks at night.

I certainly have. The hotline goes straight to the STL. So talk it out. ETL-HR and STL are the answer. The hotline is for chickens.

They have already tried to talk it out--what makes you think going to them again will lead to different results? That's the definition of insanity, my friend.

And I can tell you from personal experience that the hotline does NOT go straight to the STL. I've seen STLs removed from stores after hotline calls. The hotline goes to whoever is in a position to solve the issue at hand. Often that IS the STL--but if someone called and said that they'd already spoken to their STL and been shot down, then the DTL/HRBP would get involved in the discussion. The hotline is no joke, despite what you may think about it.

They have already tried to talk it out--what makes you think going to them again will lead to different results? That's the definition of insanity, my friend.

And I can tell you from personal experience that the hotline does NOT go straight to the STL. I've seen STLs removed from stores after hotline calls. The hotline goes to whoever is in a position to solve the issue at hand. Often that IS the STL--but if someone called and said that they'd already spoken to their STL and been shot down, then the DTL/HRBP would get involved in the discussion. The hotline is no joke, despite what you may think about it.

100% truth. In the scenario at hand, the SFT or maybe the ETL-LOG is the issue. Call gets directed to the STL, who in turn can partner with the ETL-HR, DTL, or DFM to get the issue fixed. Talk it out. Sometimes it takes more than once. It's not always easy. Ruffle some feathers. You can go to bat for yourself!

Well, looks like all avenues to getting Log Monkey a fan have been discussed and shot down.

Looks like another call to the Hotline is in order.

Give us your Store #. We will all call and complain and say you need a fan... Jk but I hope things go well. Ive done truck before and I didnt know that the fan moves. I was in there throwing boxes in a sauna untill they asked me why I wasnt using the fan.

One thing to try, Grab a temp gauge from ctl or fa tl to document temp over a 2 hour period in backroom. then, ask for it. That may get a dayside lod or etlhr to requisition a box fans for your team. Reason, tm safety. Pedestal fans work good too.

I've talked to many people who have called, and they have expressed that they felt as if it fell on deaf ears and that they would much rather Target were Unionized so they would have some actual representation about their problems in the workplace.
or do i need to pass the number to my unload team and have them all call?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back