Does this sound like a situation that I should report to someone?

Our store has a newly promoted Front End TL and me and him have gotten along since before he became a lead. I'm a Style TL who's well aware of this guy's religious leanings. I'm personally not religious and I've had a lot of patience with him constantly trying to convert me and "see the way", but now we're in a position that comes across as a legitimate conflict of interest.

He's against the store's Pride displays and he admitted to me that he's played a part in their recent takedowns. I knew things were going to get interesting when he started his sentence with "Promise me you won't tell anyone." and he told me himself that he's been getting members of his church to call our store and voice their complaints about the Pride displays. He also told me that he's been phoning in multiple times with different numbers and putting on fake voices. He also told me that he's been doing it to other local Targets.

This seems like something that should be reported, but I'm not 100% certain. And even if it was worthy of a report, I'd still feel iffy about it. For one, I'd feel bad since he's newly promoted and he's been wanting a Lead role for nearly a whole year. On top of that, there's just that little voice telling me to just leave well enough alone and not get involved. I personally have my doubts about the claims that any report to the Hotline would remain anonymous and I don't want to be caught up in any type of investigation or drama that unfolds. What do you think I should do?

You did the right thing, OP, but the results aren't always instantaneous.
You may come in one day & he's suddenly gone.
^This 100%.
How the sudden disappearance worked at my store:

TM: “I haven’t seen So and So around here for a while”

TL: “So and So isn’t with us anymore”

and that’s all you ever hear…

Last edited:
Back