Does Transitions Set on Time matter anymore?

My store doesn't care about TWT at all. We probably only tie 70% - 80% of workload every week and never go back to finish the workload. Is this normal?

Last edited:
My store doesn't care about TWT at all. We probably only tie 70% - 80% of workload every week and never go back to finish the workload. Is this normal?

Not finishing everything on time is completely normal.

Not going back to finish some of things is....ASANTS. Some are more important to finish than others.

PC is an afterthought if it's lucky these days.

My DSD would throw a fit.... he’s kinda new in role but pricing and plano are his 2 big focuses right now because realistically a ton of freight issues stem from not being current. He wants everyone 100% by Wednesday every week so the whole district got a week ahead for anything we could and have stayed there since. It’s been nice setting aisles and have the product flow in and go right to the floor

My DSD would throw a fit.... he’s kinda new in role but pricing and plano are his 2 big focuses right now because realistically a ton of freight issues stem from not being current. He wants everyone 100% by Wednesday every week so the whole district got a week ahead for anything we could and have stayed there since. It’s been nice setting aisles and have the product flow in and go right to the floor

I would love to be able to do that!! Every time I've ever gotten us close to being a week ahead, some kind of shit hits the fan and ruins it. But I'll keep trying!

I guess it depends on your store. In my store, it does matter. As GM 2 lead I have core and transition. It's my job to ensure TWT is clear. I help other leaders with their planing. Our price change is also clear by Saturday of each week. Each DBO completes there own. It works people. leaders should help out when needed,.

I would love to be able to do that!! Every time I've ever gotten us close to being a week ahead, some kind of shit hits the fan and ruins it. But I'll keep trying!
It was tough at first but it’s been so nice to not have to trap a ton of stuff or backstock things. I got all my beauty/essentials SPLs set by yesterday morning for next week and anything that wasn’t carry forward stuff came in on today’s truck so it was perfect. Also we had most of valentines set yesterday and a ton of that came on today’s truck too.

Endcaps and softlines, depends on the department. My specialty sales ETL is on top of the cosmetics and electronics endcaps. Toys and sport are all the presentation TL so that's always done on time. Softlines is *shrug*.

HBA, domestics, stationary, PPC are iffy.

Back