Archived Does your flow team TL do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a few buddies about this and we just laugh and joke about it now. Anyway when we are pushing freight we get told to do every little thing it's so annoying. Like I finish a isle and obviously I know what to do next which is go to the next isle but instead I'm told go to the next aisle Instead of me just going on my own. Lol wtf? I consider myself a fast pusher and I walk fast from place to place also. Another example is I finish pushing a auto fill cart then re-join the push and then am asked "finish the autofill"? Lol yea no shit I finished that's why I pushing now. Is there a reason for doing this?

Immature leadership or leadership that has to many people so they have a script to do cause they can't remember everyone. And it nothing personal in either case.

And the third reason they have people who can't do anything without a push on the team and they treat everyone like them. Again not really personal.

Try to give responses that imply you already know what the hell to do and the TL should eventually start to remember that you know what you're doing.

Ex: "Of course"
"That's the plan"
"Exactly what I was thinking"

Alternatively if your TL is just an asshole they might micromanage you even more out of spite.

"We gotta come clean on the back tonight."

Me - literally walk away without saying anything anymore. Not wasting my breath. Backroom is at 95% capacity and push team is a walking failure. B

"We gotta come clean on the back tonight."

Me - literally walk away without saying anything anymore. Not wasting my breath. Backroom is at 95% capacity and push team is a walking failure. B

You mean your back room aisles are basically full?

Depends on how much your flow team struggles to come clean everyday. More you struggle more likely the idea that you're being micromanaged is more just the TL assuring themselves they are doing everything right and not missing anything. Plus as a TL you're expected to know where and what anyone is doing on your team at anytime.

Personally i prefer to assign leaders of smaller groups who do that kind management for me, just tell them the goals of the process and what i want to be favored during the day, teach them the timelines and expectations for a typical day before hand and let them make the decisions if any need to be made for the day, walkie them every once and awhile to make sure on track. Makes management of large groups easier when you just tell others what you want to happen in most cases. After all the decisions aren't that complex it just requires a little bit of knowledge on why certain things are preferred. Frees me up from having to check on people constantly to make sure they know what I want their workload to be at any given time, not everyone searches for work once a task is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back