Archived Does your LODs even care what the closing BRTM is doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store no one checks up on me. As long as price change is done. And flexes are flexed I could literally sit in the bathroom for 5 hours(don't ask how I know) only coming out for flexes or guest pulls
Our evening backroom team members will not pull the price changes...its on their checklist of things to do...yet they refuse to do it . So, I give you credit for at least doing that !

I do it unless the LOD tells me not to. When I have to focus on backstock left by early morning.

LMAO! I'd love to see the lazy bums from the early morning backroom team pull price change batches. I bet they wouldn't even know where to put it after pulling the batches.

Our backroom team NEVER pulls price change at night. There have been many a time where we have to clue in the LOD or Presentation TL that we are nearly done scanning the floor and the backroom AM team has not pulled any of our PC batches.

As long as the stockrooms are clean and pulls/price change is done, not really. There's plenty you COULD do, like empty location reports, pull dcode, condense locations, fix grouping/labels, etc. No one does any of that until they're told to, though.​

If I did all of those things, I would be getting 60 hours at least per week. On wait the assholes in corporate don't allow that so nope. My backroom team lead says "price change must be done" and I've asked "what if I have a personal or family emergency" and she says "you gotta pick up the pace and get them done". Clueless clueless clueless.

LMAO! I'd love to see the lazy bums from the early morning backroom team pull price change batches. I bet they wouldn't even know where to put it after pulling the batches.

I close backroom from time to time in between mainly being a PA and price change sucks. I close on the same days when i do and its always the large plastic items and other larger items and it sucks. One time I had to get a few things off of a pallet staged super high a couple times all over in receiving. I think one night i had like 6 pallets of plastics and other items..took up like 1/4 of the line haha.

Not sure how some of you have nothing to do in the backroom..im so confused...half the time I have to make a bale when i come in...make sure all the equipment is plugged in before leaving...Pull all the pulls from 12-5, including all pfresh pulls. Do FF which sometimes takes more time. Price change pull at 6 which can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. If there is a truck the next day the entire line needs to be set. The BR TL has had me do empty location reports AND audits routinely when I close as well. Sometimes that audit takes forever and the few times I did empty location reports it was for ALL the dry market grocery items which there were a shit ton of errors I had to correct

Our closer is scheduled til 7 most days...6 or 6:30 on days when there is no price change pulls...so..doesnt leave much time to goof around...also if its a truck day there is usually backstock and always backstock from CAF pulls and Pfresh pulls

Sometimes when i read these forums it makes me sad to see how lazy some TMs are..holy crap. My store must be the lone exception where everyone works their ass off and we all work as a team

If you're finding items in empty locations, they need to be pushed. Otherwise you're just making more work for early morning.

One of the best ways to get on my good side as a new ETL or Sr TL is to not get up my ass all night when I'm closing. You can always tell who's new to the job because they call back or walk back every 15 minutes to see what I'm doing and what my "plan" is for the night. Eventually they realize that I'm the last person in the store who needs to be micromanaged, and they leave me alone for hours so they can go babysit the children on salesfloor and the service desk who hit on each other more than do actual work.

One of the best ways to get on my good side as a new ETL or Sr TL is to not get up my ass all night when I'm closing. You can always tell who's new to the job because they call back or walk back every 15 minutes to see what I'm doing and what my "plan" is for the night. Eventually they realize that I'm the last person in the store who needs to be micromanaged, and they leave me alone for hours so they can go babysit the children on salesfloor and the service desk who hit on each other more than do actual work.

Oh my god I hate this. We have a newish STL who checks every 30 minutes to see if there are any FFs in the gun. Just let me do my job I've been doing it for a while and I know what my responsibilities are.

Although, asants...At my store the AM team pulls the price changes...so maybe the early AM team at your store is lazy but not mine . The AM ( br team) in my store does the audits ( reg and sda) pulls the autofills and on non truck days pushes them...we pull price changes, check the fa constantly, do empty location reports ( once a week) do 4x4s ( daily),,back stock the cooler and freezer ( twice a week) pull and push frozen/dairy autofills..pull research /ptms.and lastly backstock...backstock the truck, pog teams bs , as well as bs from the cafs...So at my store the am backroom team has no down time...Hell most of the time when I walk out of work...I wonder how the hell we manage to get it done.

Last edited:
Oh my god I hate this. We have a newish STL who checks every 30 minutes to see if there are any FFs in the gun. Just let me do my job I've been doing it for a while and I know what my responsibilities are.
We have a etl like that...every 30 mintue she goes over the walkie and asks for someone in the BR ...then asks us to check the FA...most of the other etls /stl only ask at the top of the hour

At my store no one checks up on me. As long as price change is done. And flexes are flexed I could literally sit in the bathroom for 5 hours(don't ask how I know) only coming out for flexes or guest pulls

Yeah, my LOD's would wonder why I couldn't push the 5p CAF, get the 2 hour price change at 6, pull, push and backstock the 7s by the time I left at 9.

It wasn't until i got out of the backroom they finally found it reasonable to have the sales floor team push the pulls :/

One of the new ETLs used to yap at me every time a new FF dropped in. While I was logged into Redwire. Every time.

So it would be like...
"Beep beep beep"
*toggles over and enters the FF batch*
LOD: "Hey StackerMistress, looks like another FF came in!"
Me: ".... yeah, I'm pulling it right now."

After a few weeks of that, she finally stopped. The ONLY time it should be acceptable to badger the backroom about those stupid things is when one is about to expire, because sometimes the alerts don't work.

In other news, literally the only communication I had with the LOD last night was "Hi how's it going" when she came back to do her walk with the opening LOD. Didn't hear anything for 6 hours after that. It was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back