Archived Does your LODs even care what the closing BRTM is doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store no one checks up on me. As long as price change is done. And flexes are flexed I could literally sit in the bathroom for 5 hours(don't ask how I know) only coming out for flexes or guest pulls

At my store no one checks up on me. As long as price change is done. And flexes are flexed I could literally sit in the bathroom for 5 hours(don't ask how I know) only coming out for flexes or guest pulls
Nope. They expect them to look busy when they swing through with the defects, but otherwise I doubt they really bother so long as they seem to be moving stuff around and the CAFs get cleared and price change is done/they set for truck.

It helps that most of them don't know squat about BR processes so they don't even know what to check up on.

Funny, I thought about this last night. The LOD didn't come in the backroom at all during my shift or ask how I was doing (usually pretty rare). When I told him I was leaving, he didn't ask what I got done or anything.

I try to keep up with BR on LOD closing shifts. However, at my store BR day leaves at 6/6:30 so after the 5's are done they back stock, pull FAs, clean up a bit and leave so not much to worry about for very long.

I found the closing BR TM on the signing pc when I went to print signs. He had both headphones in. He quickly minimized the open screens and walked out. I was curious and hovered over the screens. Craigs list, a music page, another about Lil Wayne and a couple more. Didn't even think the pc would let someone on all those sites. This was at about 1 in the afternoon and it made me wonder what he does later in the shifts when the process teams are gone and pretty much nobody is around.

I've rarely closed this year in the back (Maybe 2 scheduled closing shifts and 2 swapped shifts) but the times I have I've never had anybody check up on me. Usually that's when I take my extra long breaks and listen to music while backstocking.

Most of the time it's a thankless job back there at night. That being said, I'm the one walking back there finding out that someone threw 2 tubs and a smart cart down an aisle to make it look better back there. Yeah... don't be a dick. You can't hide shit back there. I literally go everywhere and I'll get your ass yelled at.

I have 2 LODs that pike to go up my ass. They like to tell me what I already know and what I do every night.

So today I went in @ 3pm, pulled the 3s/4s/5s and price change. Took my half, pulled a flex and sat in the bathroom for a total 3 hours.

They gave no fucks.

Don't you have to backstock? No one else uses the bathroom in the back?

Don't you have to backstock? No one else uses the bathroom in the back?
Our flow team is somehow managing to come clean so there's only caf backstock which is almost nothing

also almost all of out closing team are female, even most of the etls. and guys don't like taking shits next to other guys so they walk out or pretend to blow their nose and then leave lmao

At my store, yes, absolutely they do! A current focus of ours is filling the floor, so the closing backroom TM has to give a list of all the manuals they pulled to an LOD which they include in their closing email.

There's always something to do in the backroom. When I was store side I would do empty locations. Condense locations, such as moving upper case packs down to lower locations and clear pallet spaces. Made it easier on the truck team to backstock.

When hours existed and I had a closer I had a list of things to be done at night and the closing TM would check in with the closing LOD before leaving a go through what had been done and what had not been done and why. I did this not because my closer was lazy but, because they would often steal him to the floor thinking once BS was done he had nothing to do. So I put a stop to that with my list and anytime he was pulled to the floor I had those hour charged to the sales floor. That did not happen much after that.

Leave at 6pm in the backroom? When does price change get pulled? Who pulls it?

I close every shift in the backroom but I don't stand around doing nothing or bullshit work. I only stay late for price change, to pull a FF on my way out if the LOD wants me to pull it, or to backstock or condense backstock per LOD's request. I'm not gonna stay late to milk the clock or because the backroom is fun.

No they are too busy worrying about guest first and the zone.

Also how about if back room has nothing to do go back stock the freezer.

This is somewhat related. If a person's last day is 8/31, what day could he stop doing work, and not be fired. He has 1 CA for NCNS.

I'm not saying it's the accumulator or the TMs (it's the TMs), but there is always product from the back that can go out.

LMAO! I'd love to see the lazy bums from the early morning backroom team pull price change batches. I bet they wouldn't even know where to put it after pulling the batches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back