Archived Does your store bribe/give freebies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what you mean but if you mean for TMs, it's survey time again so the break rooms will have food.

When I was a cashier, there were definitely bribes for RedCards. Usually it was a free Starbucks drink. I would just think to myself, "Okay, well that's very nice but...bribing me isn't going to increase the odds that the guest is going to want a RedCard or not." WE SHOULD BRIBE THE GUESTS! Seriously though...why don't we offer incentives for applying for RedCards? And I mean officially, not just from store to store? You should get an extra 5% for applying or something like that.

When I was a cashier, there were definitely bribes for RedCards. Usually it was a free Starbucks drink. I would just think to myself, "Okay, well that's very nice but...bribing me isn't going to increase the odds that the guest is going to want a RedCard or not." WE SHOULD BRIBE THE GUESTS! Seriously though...why don't we offer incentives for applying for RedCards? And I mean officially, not just from store to store? You should get an extra 5% for applying or something like that.
My store periodically bribes guests for REDcards and surveys, with free Starbucks and Food Ave. stuff.The thing is, they never warn Starbucks or Food Ave. so they suddenly get a handful of guests demanding free food/drink and waving around a receipt... If they actually PLANNED AHEAD they could warn the appropriate teams and *gasp* let them schedule an additional person to handle the extra work during the busiest parts of the day!

My store bribes for redcards. They do some other bribes, but it'll be things like "nuts in the break room!" "Stale pretzels for national pretzel day in an open box being exposed to all your nasty germs and people who cough out into the open with uncovered sauces!!"

They also reminded us when they announced the BTS that "you guys know the company only requires us to write those little cards for recognition. Everything else we do is stuff we did on our own!" Yea, thanks. Old leadership gave us some good bribes. Wellness Wednesday was my fave food one. We had a survey contest. If you sent a guest to the service desk to do the survey (they used the iPad) or customer comment card and they mentioned you, that was a point. Person with the most each day for a 7 day period got $20 gift cards. I got two that week. I don't need to be bribed to do my job, of course, but I'm not gonna turn down free money. I turn down the food sometimes because everyone is gross and nothing is covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back