Archived Does your store/district do any good fun events?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we all work for Target we might as well bring up the cool parts too.

Last year our district put together a "field day" with a bunch of sports for us to play with all the stores in the area. It was a great time being able to hang out with fellow team members and even our DTL came out and had a good time. It's days like that when you remember you're working with other humans and not just robots programmed to drive you nuts.

Quite literally no, we do have some small stuff go on at the store level but most of that turns out to be more annoying then fun. I haven't seen anything out of district that suggests we are anything but numbers that can be easily replaced.

my store keeps it fresh and exciting by firing a random person at a random time. Of course they have "documented" incidents, but it's completely random and untimely.

We haven't done anything in a long time and I don't expect that to change anytime. I asked if we could get a new TV for our breakroom because ours is on my second repair job and I was literally laughed at.

\Considering in the last three years we have had three murders related to our co-workers, you think they would do anything to raise moral...

bite your tongue talan123, there is no such thing as a target worker, ergo there are no "coworkers." Rather, we have TEAM MEMBERS!!! All hail targets stupid lingo!!!

We do community events, the night outs, epilepsy run, cancer walk, baseball game for disabled vets, stuff like that.

The 'epilepsy run' & 'cancer walk' conjure up strange images......sorry!

My old Super had a community event. The store would bring in jump gyms/ball pits for the kids. A dunk tank; if you dunk an ETL you get entered into a drawing for a gift card. Then all the ETLs hosted a progressive dinner at their houses for TMs going on their every 5th year of service.

My original store would do holiday events on a regular basis. They did pizza for the Super Bowl. Turkey on Black Friday. Ham for Day afer Christmas. Hamburgers for the 4th....

Last store...started out pizza on heavy hit holidays. But the last group of ETLs didn't do a thing. Not even Black Friday.

Last edited:
previously I was in two stores that were amazing,we went bowling,nfl,nba,mlb games,walks, runs, barbeques movies,free tickets all the time as rewards and lots of them,at this time in my store and district nothing except the occasional food treats and if it a truck day the flow team make short work of that so there is usually none left by the time we go for lunch,nice......

HR post a sign with events they "need" you for. That's about all the store does.

and if it a truck day the flow team make short work of that so there is usually none left by the time we go for lunch,nice......

Fact! It's always amusing seeing them stuff there pockets before they leave.

We get free food in the break room sometimes. They cater it on black friday weekend and other holidays. Christmas eve we're going to have games where we can win prizes. Woot.

We have an unlimited supply of PB & J. Today we had McDonalds Dollar Menu Day. McMuffins, hash browns, and burritos for breakfast and McChickens, McDoubles, fries, and apple pies for later. Last month was Healthy Food Saturdays. Pizza every so often. Boston Market around Thanksgiving. Coffee, doughnuts once in a while. A few days ago was hot chocolate and tea. Breakfast every once in a while. Ice cream maybe twice a month. Soul food and tacos within the past few months.

I think I'm gonna lobby for Grilled Cheese Day with different types of cheeses. My Target feeds us well.

It gets really old hearing about how the flow team eats everything. The simple fact is that the Flow team is the single largest team in the store. If you are an early am store don't forget about Plano and Price Change who come in around the same time. Yep the food is scarfed down. Yep it looks like locusts have buzzed through the break room. But it is not because they are being any more piggish than any other teams. HR or whoever is in charge of the food at your stores need to realize and be proactive to these things. Bring in food in proportion to the amount of people you will have at that time. Food needs to be delivered fresh every couple of hours. Too many stores forget to bring in fresh food for closing teams too. Nothing says we appreciate you more than crusty fly infested subs and cake icing stuck to the board with no cake in sight. There should be a large supply for the early am teams including flow. It should be delivered again around noon for the dayside teams. At 4 another supply should be brought in fresh and one more around 7 or so.But it is a moot point right now at my store,there is no food any more. We had some deli meat and cheese thrown on a table the day after Thanksgiving in the plastic bags. No ice to keep it out of the danger zone, a couple loaves of bread and thats it. We bought our own pop and chips.

we used to do all kinds of stuff, mostly food related. Then slowly over the last 3 years it just pretty much stopped. Every now and then we get some stupid fruit in the breakroom, then once every 2-3months they do cake for birthdays, but its always some nasty ass ice cream cake thing. Anytime they want food they just say POTLUCK! and make everyone feed eachother so target doesnt have to pay

It gets really old hearing about how the flow team eats everything. The simple fact is that the Flow team is the single largest team in the store. If you are an early am store don't forget about Plano and Price Change who come in around the same time. Yep the food is scarfed down. Yep it looks like locusts have buzzed through the break room. But it is not because they are being any more piggish than any other teams. HR or whoever is in charge of the food at your stores need to realize and be proactive to these things. Bring in food in proportion to the amount of people you will have at that time. Food needs to be delivered fresh every couple of hours. Too many stores forget to bring in fresh food for closing teams too. Nothing says we appreciate you more than crusty fly infested subs and cake icing stuck to the board with no cake in sight. There should be a large supply for the early am teams including flow. It should be delivered again around noon for the dayside teams. At 4 another supply should be brought in fresh and one more around 7 or so.But it is a moot point right now at my store,there is no food any more. We had some deli meat and cheese thrown on a table the day after Thanksgiving in the plastic bags. No ice to keep it out of the danger zone, a couple loaves of bread and thats it. We bought our own pop and chips.
. i agree it is the biggest part of the labor, however, it is also the most waisteful. i see more food thrown away from that team. our hr, takes better care of us then previous ones. they do have food delivered more often, and/or buy more and store in cooler downstairs. still usually isn't much for the closing team. our flow team get way more food than the rest of the store. lots of times they get donuts or breakfast brought in for them for so called doing a good job. but the rest of the store team gets nothing. all you see are the empty containers and drool!!!

At one time, one of my HRs could not think of a TM event theme. So she asked all the TMs to write in suggestions for the next event. One TL suggested Tater Tots & Apple Sauce as a joke.

Who do you think one....

And it was the worst event theme ever. Literally all the Tater Tots and Apple Sauce put out went to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back