Archived Does your store have a Starbucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats hilarious is that this store is one that got PFresh remodel, and actually, made things worse! This is a newer store that took a spot in a plaza in the major shopping district of that area, by a traditional mall, etc... BUT that is the WORST side of that town, and has a store that shall not be named close by, and coupled with its TM issues... they are near the bottom end of the D/ULV level.. and they have had the crapbucks since they opened, it does nothing for them... well except maybe exacerbate their guest service issues by bringing in guests who won't tolerate that kind of BS.

This is a store if it had been renovated/built as a Super would probably clean up.. but the PFresh remodel they got is a joke.. they have less and less of everything than my store has.. There is NONE of the two local chains in that area, and only the store that shall not be named super. Hence could easily clean up in grocery!
There is another store that is right across the street from Walmart and SAMs club with a mall also like a minute away

Whats hilarious is that this store is one that got PFresh remodel, and actually, made things worse! This is a newer store that took a spot in a plaza in the major shopping district of that area, by a traditional mall, etc... BUT that is the WORST side of that town, and has a store that shall not be named close by, and coupled with its TM issues... they are near the bottom end of the D/ULV level.. and they have had the crapbucks since they opened, it does nothing for them... well except maybe exacerbate their guest service issues by bringing in guests who won't tolerate that kind of BS.

This is a store if it had been renovated/built as a Super would probably clean up.. but the PFresh remodel they got is a joke.. they have less and less of everything than my store has.. There is NONE of the two local chains in that area, and only the store that shall not be named super. Hence could easily clean up in grocery!
You'll get a Starbucks, it goes hand in hand with Target stores. They've even gone as far as closing down food Ave to put in Starbucks. It'll happen to your store as well I guarantee it. By remodel I meant the entire store remodel that all stores go through when they pass 10 years of being open.

What's in the old GS hole, you ask? f'ing fan central.. So dumb.

Yep. My store was built brand-new with this IGS concept. Fan Central is a big draw though bc most stores in our area don't have a great selection of local sports items.

I don't know if we are ULV though...sure doesn't seem that way.

I'm at an A-volume and we have Pizza Hut but no Starbucks. We have one a few miles north and another a few miles south, but our guests would LOVE a Starbucks in my store. In my nightmares, our service desk becomes a Starbucks and we get IGS. I hope that never happens.

So sorry, but .....

We've had all the remodels we will be getting, and this came up at that time... and the result is "No crapbucks for us!" Whooohooo! :) I know 99.999% of the TM's were disappointed while I just grinned all the way... why they offer nothing for me, and just bring in the wrong, rudest guests from the yoga/legging brigade no matter what the scenery might look like.

We have no room for it! Our FA is smaller than my closet at home. Demo's don't match (There are 4 within the ~ 2000 sq mi of the county, 4!) sales not enough.. but yet one of the worst ULV's in the area and district got one during their remodel... So no crapbucks coming to us... Wooot woot! :) We are not on the list to get any remodels any time in the future, other than the conversion of pharmacy which really is not a TGT deal per se.

So, sorry... "No crapbucks for us!"

And how do you know your not getting anymore remodels??

we got our Starbucks last November. we were worried when they announced it that they were going to move us to IGS and put Starbucks in where guest service used to be, but they closed Food Ave instead and did a full remodel. it's beautiful now, it used to be horrible over there. I don't think we'd have had enough room for a Starbucks in our guest service anyway, we have kind of a weird setup.

We have Food Ave, Starbucks, and a traditional Guest Service desk. I have to wonder how long our Food Ave is going to last; it seems like Spot (or maybe just my STL and a couple ETLs) is trying to kill it by cutting payroll and shutting it down so the Food Ave TM can cash.

Demo's don't match (There are 4 within the ~ 2000 sq mi of the county, 4!
My store has a Starbucks & we're in the epicenter of four other standalones.
Come the morning rush, their drive-thrus are out to the street & we get the overflow.
And the same 'entitlement-challenged' guests that shop Target also come to our counter.
Same demo.

My store has a Starbucks & we're in the epicenter of four other standalones.
Come the morning rush, their drive-thrus are out to the street & we get the overflow.
And the same 'entitlement-challenged' guests that shop Target also come to our counter.
Same demo.

It's funny, this town has independant coffee huts every couple of miles and dozens of independent coffee shops (and free standing Starbucks) but the Target (and Fred Meyers) still have Starbucks that do just fine).
Alaskans have to have their caffeine.

CoquiAzul is absolutely right about closing down Food Ave for Starbucks. Our Food Ave was a waste (in a full shift I'd help not even 10 guests), and once we were told we were going to become a Starbucks, we were ready to go. We were told we're too small for a Food Ave and a Pizza Hut, so we're just a Starbucks, but boy do we make money.
Even with multiple Starbucks in the same town as us, we have guests that come in specifically for our staff. I can only speak for my experience, but Starbucks definitely helped out our store by far.

Our Cafe is actually doing rather well, and we don't even have a seating area. It's like the Service Desk, in that it's just a counter that you can purchase the food from. If you want to sit down you have to go over to Starbucks, which has a bunch of seating.

If we had to have one or the other though, Starbucks would win every time.

starbucks-feature2.jpg

Thankfully, no. But that doesn't stop people from leaving Starbucks cups around. There's a Barnes and Noble with a Starbucks in the shopping center upstairs and there's a Starbucks a couple blocks from the shopping center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back