Archived Does your store have a unisex bathroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store does. It's not located with the other bathrooms, but over by the pharmacy.

And just why is it called the unisex bathroom? Doesn't "uni-" mean one?

My store has a family restroom, so technically yes.

And via the Oxford English Dictionary:
The combining form uni- does normally mean 'one, having or consisting of one': it comes from Latin unus 'one'. It forms words such as unicycle, a term for a cycle with just one wheel, and unicellular, meaning 'consisting of a single cell'. And in fact the 20-volume historical Oxford English Dictionary contains entries for the words unisexual, meaning 'of one sex or relating to one sex' and unisexuality, meaning 'the state of being unisexual'. Both these words date back to the early 19th century.

Unisex is a much newer word: it was coined in the 1960s and originally used in relatively informal contexts. Its formation seems to have been influenced by words such as union, united, and universal, from which it took the sense of something that was shared. So unisex can be understood as referring to one thing (such as a clothing style or hairstyle) that is shared by both sexes.

Same as the above. We have a family restroom in between the Men's and Women's restrooms by the front lanes, which happens to be next to CVS.

Yep, we have one by CVS. I read somewhere that Target is adding them to stores that don't have one.

One since we opened the store near the pharmacy and our bathroom in the backroom which is for workers only. All Target did was paint the door a different color, what a waste of time. Who gives a shit who leaves a shit where?

Our is next to the restrooms by the entrance. It's just called a family restroom.

My 90 year old grandma said she heard on the news target was really hurting badly because of the transgender bathroom policy haha. It is kind of fun to say yeah I see them everywhere it's crazy grandma

Yes, ours is located next to the pharmacy. It was rebranded as a family restroom a couple of months ago. They added a baby changing table at the same time.

We have a family restroom next to the men's and women's restrooms at the front of the store. We also have two TM restrooms which are both unisex, one near the TSC and pharmacy and one in the backroom.

My Target's had a Family Restroom for a long time, I'm sure that's our designated unisex bathroom. I commonly see a bunch of people I guess I perceive as "Transgender" or gender fluid duck into there.

My local Targets have had family or unisex bathrooms for years. Unlike with the family bathrooms at Walmart stores, they're not located with the other two bathrooms, but over by the pharmacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back