Archived Does your store locate beer in the backroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A long long time ago, our store located beer backstock. I left pfresh for a year, came back, and discovered it's no longer the case. Was this a HQ thing, or possibly something my store decided to do?

I know it'd be a bit rough to start doing it again, but when the vendors only come in twice a week and our shelves can only hold two at a time, we run into instocks issues. I can't take time out of my already busy day to check what's out and pull it from the back. It'd be much easier to have it come out on pulls.

I've mentioned this to our new STL, and he likes the idea.

All the vendor has to do is partner with a backroom TM to backstock and manually pull when needed. It'd create less work for them and better instocks for us.

What does your store do, and what are your thoughts on this?

All of ours is located with the exception on some six packs. It doesn't come out in the pulls though. We someone who drops exe's pulls them and pushes it

Basically the vendor pays us rent on that space, and we get very little profit (if any) from sales of product. So besides the lower guest scores it doesn't really affect us if the shelf is empty. But I bet the vendors' bosses would be interested to hear about so many potential sales lost. I think the way to report it is through the vendor scorecard. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, lol.

Basically the vendor pays us rent on that space, and we get very little profit (if any) from sales of product. So besides the lower guest scores it doesn't really affect us if the shelf is empty. But I bet the vendors' bosses would be interested to hear about so many potential sales lost. I think the way to report it is through the vendor scorecard. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, lol.
I disagree! I've been fighting a losing battle over this issue the entire time I've worked for Spot. When guests can't buy what they want they go elsewhere. Please try to imagine this.
"Well they don't have _____, we'll have to go to _____."
"Yeah, I guess we will. Do still want to buy the ____ & _____ while we're here?"
"No, we might as well wait and get ____& ____ when we get to _____."
My job is to make money for Spot. I want us to do everything we can to keep people from going elsewhere.

All of ours is located with the exception on some six packs. It doesn't come out in the pulls though. We someone who drops exe's pulls them and pushes it
We do this as well, except ours is not located. It sits on a pallet or two where the vendor deals with it.

Not any more unfortunately...

Since Alcohol doesn't pull in the CAFs and our instocks team "just isn't there yet" we unlocated everything to make it easier for the vendors to work their backstock and clean up after themselves.

In an ideal world though, we would have instocks scan it each day and pull it out of the backroom. It would increase sales and repeat visits from the guests.

We don't locate ours either. We have shelving set aside down in receiving where all the vendor product goes.

We locate ours. The market team is responsible for shooting EXF's and pushing them. Ain't nobody got time for that now, lol, but at least with an EXF I can make backroom pull it? Sort of? They seem to avoid EXF's at all possible. I dunno how vendors have been getting their stuff down; I *hope* they're SUBT'ing it but I have no idea haha.

Thanks @BullseyeBabe for giving me an alternate viewpoint. Ours has never been located, and alcohol is not in the Instocks task list. I don't think any TMs touch beer at my store.

Yep, In Stocks does not scan vendor product. Beer and Nabisco, coke, Pepsi - all vendor. We shouldn't be touching it. We keep some located, and market will fill beer if they have time. We will go look in the back, for a guest but not scan and fill.

My store yours may vary.

Our store doesn't locate beer, only wine. The vendor palletizes the beer and we keep the product unlocated in the bulk steel. When they come in the receiver brings the pallets down for them.

We keep two pallets of beer in the BR, one for each beer vendor. Market tm will stock once in awhile, but that doesn't happen very often. Nothing is located in the BR.

That shite is the responsibility of vendors. I'm glad we don't have to pull it or back stock it. The vendors are terrible at my store so having to back stock and pull it would be horrible. When I say terrible, I meant it. Vendors are very messy and unorganized and can be very demanding.

I want to say (but I'm not 100% certain) that in our area we have one distributor/vendor for beer. I know that when I've talked to the guy early in the morning he pulled AB/InBev, Miller, and some craft brews (our beer/wine backroom is all unlocated).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back