Archived Does your Target make the closing salesfloor team push? because mine does!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could work at my store. For the 5 years I've been there, salesfloor only zones and reshops. All day. Morning, mid, and closing. That's it. The push is 100% up to the backroom. There's 5-7 of us throughout the day, but only 3-4 at any given time. The 3-4 of us in the back are responsible for the 15-20+ vehicles of push each day that the CAFs generate. (I'm sorry, but it never makes sense to have 3-4 people do in 3-4 hours at closing what only takes 15-20 closers a ½ hour to do in the early evening...).

This is aside from pulling and staging research, plano, PTMs, sales planners, endcaps, MIRs, EXFs, and price change.

And aside from all the backstock being generated from said plano, POGs, EXFs, reshops, and zoning. And having to SUBT-9999 it so we don't waste time repulling it 8 more times.

And aside from doing all the cardboard (plano, new endcaps, f***ing C&S, plus misc stuff).

And aside from the daily backroom quantity audit (60 locations everyday...).

And aside from the Item Merge.

This is to say nothing of doing LOCU updates on red aisles, Empty Location Reports, aisle maintenance such as fixing broken/missing shelf labels and replacing damaged wacos, pulling unproductive inventory such as discontinued items, and general backroom zoning. None of that gets done. EVER. Well, except right before a visit.

Also to say nothing of Manual CAFs, which also don't get done. Which is supposed to be our #1 priority during the day, according to the overnight ETLs.

If only we could share store numbers and you were nearby, you come here dude. Salesfloor has it made.

HOLY CRAP. Your Salesfloor has it easy as hell. My Salesfloor has to Do CAFS, do their own Cardboard, do reshop, do the zone, backup electronics, backup cashier, grab carts, answer call buttons, sometimes help with finishing ad on sunday when they come in, help with truck sometimes, and push mcclane candy

I thought this was the standard.

It's really sad what corporate's mindset is...flow is the backbone of the store. If the items don't get out, it doesn't matter how vibin' you are or how FFF you are, guests will not want to shop in your store. If the sales floor has to use some of their hours to push, the zone will suffer. If the presentation is bad, you're Wal-Mart with slightly higher prices. But that seems to be the direction they've been going in...cash in on Target's former reputation as a higher end Wal-Mart while slashing hours and reaping the short term profits to the benefit of the board and the shareholders, then jump ship once guests realize and sales plummet.

It's really sad what corporate's mindset is...flow is the backbone of the store. If the items don't get out, it doesn't matter how vibin' you are or how FFF you are, guests will not want to shop in your store. If the sales floor has to use some of their hours to push, the zone will suffer. If the presentation is bad, you're Wal-Mart with slightly higher prices. But that seems to be the direction they've been going in...cash in on Target's former reputation as a higher end Wal-Mart while slashing hours and reaping the short term profits to the benefit of the board and the shareholders, then jump ship once guests realize and sales plummet.
Hey spot! Are you reading this?

2 tubs? lol we have at least 5 tubs every hour for CAF, in the morning they pull outs and research.

This is basically what I was trying to capture in the other thread about target going out of business that lasted a few pages. Its working RIGHT NOW but in a few years the perception will change and be firmly cemented into everyones mind that Target = Walmart but more expensive and they are basically conceding to Walmart and need to change their BS about being "the best company eva!!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, if Target wants to be on Forbes best companies list, they have a LOT of work to do..... They can tout their "best company ever" line all they want, but its getting them nowhere.

Target will have to truly innovate in ways other than cutting costs if they want to be recognized as the best company ever.

Hey spot! Are you reading this?

They know exactly what they're doing. Draining the company for the short term then bailing....a la Hostess. What I'm saying here means nothing to them. Also if you are reading Spot, I quit some time ago.

This is basically what I was trying to capture in the other thread about target going out of business that lasted a few pages. Its working RIGHT NOW but in a few years the perception will change and be firmly cemented into everyones mind that Target = Walmart but more expensive and they are basically conceding to Walmart and need to change their BS about being "the best company eva!!!!!!!!!!"

They'll become K-Mart. That is, a Wal-Mart store (read, dirty) with high prices and an ever growing more apathetic group of team members. You reap what you sow, Spot. No one is imagining 200% raises...but, care about your employees and they will care back. Despite all the attempts in the media and things you've brought down to the store level (STLs, ETLs) to try and make team members think you care, everyone knows you really don't. Actions speak louder than words, and Target doesn't appear on any lists indicating they're a great company to work for. What's sad is that there are several successful companies, like Wegmans, that do care about their employees and succeed. Target could be (and probably did at one point) doing that and still profiting (considering they're printing money, not just doing well) but are the first to cut hours to minimum wage employees and employ skeleton crews to improve their bottom line, hurt people already on the poverty line, and reducing guest experience overall. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back