Archived Doing Salesplanners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so the other day the LoD handed me 5 salesplanners and just walked off. I think she thought I knew how to do them, but I'd never done them from start to finish by myself, always alongside a TL/LoD. I think I have the process down, but hoping somebody can walk me through it here.

1st. Acquire or borrow a MyDevice (PDA's won't work for this I believe)
2nd. First step is tie-ing (assigning locations to procuct) dropping (telling backroom to pull product for wherever), no? Whatever product is on the endcap should already be untied by this point right? So to do this, scan the barcode on the salesplanner sheet. Pretty self-explantory I think for this no? asks for section and # A, 46, for example. Then always 0 for endcap. Right? Once you've hit "GO"? it'll tell backroom to do this right? My TL said always go to 2 and tell them you just set a planner and they'll start working on pulling product for you to push.

Then, go and print the shelf labels and off you go, no? The old product gets placed back in its home locations/backstocked. New product is placed via the backrooms pull, and/or its home. My TL said to always place the shelf labels first before filling with product, but my brain wants to do it the other way around so you know product size/facings...so you know where to place/space the shelf labels.

Am I missing any steps? I know my writing is not the best, but I hope you understand ;)

For tying, it'll ask you the aisle number, and then the section. Type the number zero for the section and that's it. If it doesn't make a batch, just create one by pog.

I would put the labels first before the products but start pushing the products at the bottom first and then adjust the height as you go up. I would normally print out the pog to see the image of the endcap. Then estimate the height of the tallest product on the bottom shelf, adjust the 2nd shelf, estimate the height of the tallest product in the second shelf, adjust the 3rd shelf, etc. I'm familiar with the products so I often get the height right. Just have patience.

Regarding placing labels and product, I always put labels up first so I know approximate positioning, since the labels themselves can be moved around fairly easily. Shirohime described the process fairly well.

So yeah, when you tie, backroom tm's get some sort of notification? But when you walkie them to let them know, what would you say to them? I'm looking for an exact phrase. "Backroom, this is <me>, I just dropped a batch for A46" (or wherever) Is that right? Not sure...

For tying, it'll ask you the aisle number, and then the section. Type the number zero for the section and that's it. If it doesn't make a batch, just create one by pog.

I would put the labels first before the products but start pushing the products at the bottom first and then adjust the height as you go up. I would normally print out the pog to see the image of the endcap. Then estimate the height of the tallest product on the bottom shelf, adjust the 2nd shelf, estimate the height of the tallest product in the second shelf, adjust the 3rd shelf, etc. I'm familiar with the products so I often get the height right. Just have patience.
This drives me nuts at my store. The spls have shelf heights too. Yes, there are times that they could be wrong and stuff doesn't fit but normally if you set it and measure your shelves you don't have to adjust them as you are pushing. This also makes it easier for someone else to push your end cap. (You never know if something would come up and you would need to leave). Also with the new update the mydevices do not automatically drop a batch. It will ask you if you want to drop one, you say yes, then you have to select "active" etc and then the next screen and then it's dropped. If you don't drop a batch it will automatically drop one in with the auto pulls and then backroom and salesfloor will likely get upset.

So they gave me 5 to do, but I only got 4 of them done before I had to leave. I felt I did pretty good for my first time all by myself. I did have to ask my TL over a few times with a few questions, but basically did it by myself. I think the LoD may have been disappointed tho that I didn't get all 5 done. 2 of them were focals, so they take a a bit longer than a 1 section end cap, to be fair. I hope that they were satisfied with my effort bein a rookie with it.

This was over a 7.5 hr shift.

So yeah, when you tie, backroom tm's get some sort of notification? But when you walkie them to let them know, what would you say to them? I'm looking for an exact phrase. "Backroom, this is <me>, I just dropped a batch for A46" (or wherever) Is that right? Not sure...

"Backroom, this is BigEyedPhish and I dropped a CAF pull for <Insert Department>, whenever your done acting busy let me know when you pull it" - BigEyedPhish says staring down the BR TM down the hall in the BR.

(Aisles don't show anymore because that made sense).

"Backroom, this is BigEyedPhish and I dropped a CAF pull for <Insert Department>, whenever your done acting busy let me know when you pull it" - BigEyedPhish says staring down the BR TM down the hall in the BR.

(Aisles don't show anymore because that made sense).
My backroom would ask what you dropped it under, what the batch name is, who is going to work it, and when is it going to get worked. Then say something along the lines of "we'll try to get to it later."

This is how I did mine in Market, Never measured them (now I set POGS and measure prolly 90% of the time, but thats a different story). 3 foot shelves are easy to "Walk up, or down, one notch at a time even if they have a lot of product on them,.

My backroom would ask what you dropped it under, what the batch name is, who is going to work it, and when is it going to get worked. Then say something along the lines of "we'll try to get to it later."

My response would have been... I just told you all of this...... "Backroom, again, This is BigEyedPhish, i dropped a batch for a Sales planner under <insert department> when your done questioning my motives, let me know when you pull my batch so I can push it.

Thanks, Bunches.

My response would have been... I just told you all of this...... "Backroom, again, This is BigEyedPhish, i dropped a batch for a Sales planner under <insert department> when your done questioning my motives, let me know when you pull my batch so I can push it.

Thanks, Bunches.
If you say you dropped a batch for a salesplanner, we can figure out that it's a POG batch. But it's really irritating when TMs tell us they dropped a batch but don't know anything else about it. And then it gets pulled but sits on the line for 3 days before someone pushes it back to the backroom.

If you say you dropped a batch for a salesplanner, we can figure out that it's a POG batch. But it's really irritating when TMs tell us they dropped a batch but don't know anything about it. And then it gets pulled but sits on the line for 3 days before someone pushes it back to the backroom.

Well, then there an idiot. Call in out on the walkie next time you see it on channel one after you pull it with the general department it goes in.

I believe their is a report similar to Backroom detail report that you can find out who tied what.

Having pulled MANY POG batches myself I can understand your frustration. especially when I am pulling my GDamn TL's Side Cap batches and theres 25-30 plus batches in the gun.

@PaRaD0x: I guess it depends on the department. I'm usually done with my fourth or fifth before I had to take my lunch but that's only when I work ON. During the day, my max is 2 in Market, 3 in others. Doing 4 in a 7.5 hour shift should be good, IMO. The easiest I've ever found to do salesplanner in are Toys. The hardest is in Market. And sometimes HBA because of those little products and also sometimes because of those shippers. I hated it because I had to look for the shippers. They are not backstocked.

And I had to push the old stuff to home and backstock and backstock whatever excess from the latest saleplanner. Sometimes I pull the products as well for the POG. Also I flex whatever holes it has (the product hasn't come yet or out of stock). Plus signing.

Last edited:
We pull our own batches, not the backroom. So we tie and drop - and boy do I hate the new system where instead of automatically sending a batch it goes "do you want to send batch now" and you have to hit "yes" and then it goes into a manage inventory mode - then we borrow a PDA and go pull our own batch. Then we set the SPL. Sounds like you did a good job for being new to the whole process. :)

Ok, so the other day the LoD handed me 5 salesplanners and just walked off. I think she thought I knew how to do them, but I'd never done them from start to finish by myself, always alongside a TL/LoD. I think I have the process down, but hoping somebody can walk me through it here.

1st. Acquire or borrow a MyDevice (PDA's won't work for this I believe)
2nd. First step is tie-ing (assigning locations to procuct) dropping (telling backroom to pull product for wherever), no? Whatever product is on the endcap should already be untied by this point right? So to do this, scan the barcode on the salesplanner sheet. Pretty self-explantory I think for this no? asks for section and # A, 46, for example. Then always 0 for endcap. Right? Once you've hit "GO"? it'll tell backroom to do this right? My TL said always go to 2 and tell them you just set a planner and they'll start working on pulling product for you to push.

Then, go and print the shelf labels and off you go, no? The old product gets placed back in its home locations/backstocked. New product is placed via the backrooms pull, and/or its home. My TL said to always place the shelf labels first before filling with product, but my brain wants to do it the other way around so you know product size/facings...so you know where to place/space the shelf labels.

Am I missing any steps? I know my writing is not the best, but I hope you understand ;)

It would be a lot easier if you get yourself a measuring tape every time you set. The shelf heights are on the left side of the sales planner schematic, on the side of label strips, and also on the line listing (last page). When you set 20-30 sales planners a day there's no time to go back and re-adjust shelves.

Yeah, rookie mistake, I got arrogant and thought I wouldn't need to measure ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back