door policy

Curious if this differs from store to store, but does anyone know if there's an actual SOP for handling letting team members in prior to 8? I keep having to do punch corrections because key carrier does not wait at the door the proper time. I was always a 'five minutes before, five minutes after' key carrier when I was a TL.

That should still be the standard procedure, my TL does it that way. But like many things lately, it seems to be an ignore-it-if-you-want-to policy. Until it's not but who knows when that could be, lol.

Curious if this differs from store to store, but does anyone know if there's an actual SOP for handling letting team members in prior to 8? I keep having to do punch corrections because key carrier does not wait at the door the proper time. I was always a 'five minutes before, five minutes after' key carrier when I was a TL.

So far as I know, this is the policy. It is completely ignored at my store, though. As is the parking policy.

: shrug :

It's a PITA in the morning, though. Ask me how I know.....

I wait for everyone on the grid. From 5:30-8:00. Really wish there was only 1 team/1 time b4 store open.
Everyone at 6:00 then 8:00, no in-between. But alas, we have 5:30, 6:00, 6:30, 7:00, 7:30 !
Some show up at 5;45, 6:15, 6:45.....not worth walking away.
Not bad now that we can read communication on the zebra. Sometimes I’ll assemble ISM or sort reshop.
only leave the door if everyone is in.

It is very annoying To wait for a straight 2 hours but I remember waiting at the door and thought it so disrespectful to make us wait when we come to work on time. also, I don’t want anyone who is late to use me as an excuse. I can say I was there and you didn’t arrive on time - no doing a punch correction that you weren’t late When you were,

I dont really have to wait at the door too much our scheduled times are 4am 6am 7am usually has a hr tm in to watch the door if not we have to basically wait till 8. Although we can usually have someone there for the 7 oclock team and another tl to watch 730 to 8 so dont get that much down time. This is just general though some days are different but id say thats about 90% of the days

If you are there 5 minutes before 8am & they don't come till after 8am. Do a punch correction with a note on why. Spot opens at 8am.

Really varies at my store. Sometimes wait more than 10 minutes in the morning for entry, along with 5 - 10 team members. We all rush to clock in. I have no idea what the key holder could be doing in those 10 minutes between 7:50 and 8:00 that is so amazingly important. Of course, then since doors open and shoppers are also in, we scramble to our locations. Silly really. Nothing that unusual for spot.

I’m in fulfillment & when I work the 6a shift, they make me switch channels so I can hear if I need to answer the door (If I’m up front stowing pick ups).

I mean, if the key carrier is also the inbound leader, the best practice says the inbound leader has to be at the unload the entire time auditing people's sort and coaching mistakes/improvements the entire time. You could honestly go either way depending on what inconsistent rule you individually choose to follow

I mean, if the key carrier is also the inbound leader, the best practice says the inbound leader has to be at the unload the entire time auditing people's sort and coaching mistakes/improvements the entire time. You could honestly go either way depending on what inconsistent rule you individually choose to follow

If this is true, this is also completely ignored at my store.

You guys don’t have Hr anymore ?
Every store I’ve worked at the HR team member works different times. All depends on that store. My first store was a Monday-Friday 6-2:30 but my current store is like 9-5 and he has to work every other weekend.

Same here. Because 1) that TL has inbound trained and she doesn't need to babysit them, waiting for a mistake to pounce all over them and 2) who in the hell would stay at job that DID have that!?
Ehh I mean the inbound TL should be where the team is at all times working with them. Pouncing on them? No that’s not cool but definitely observing and correcting as needed

Every store I’ve worked at the HR team member works different times. All depends on that store. My first store was a Monday-Friday 6-2:30 but my current store is like 9-5 and he has to work every other weekend.
Interesting . We have a Tl hr and 3 hr tm members

My former store has an HR ETL & one HR team member. The HR TM works 8 - 3 MWF & IF she is scheduled on T & TH; it is in OPU. The HR ETL desperately wants to be a stay at home mom so most of her day is spent on her office. She is constantly on her phone; watching her son at daycare. The HR TM is awesome. She is the person who makes sure payroll, punch corrections & everything else gets done correctly.

Our TL will not answer the door until 5 min before shift starts. at 7 am it becomes starbucks responsibility to answer door until we open at 8

Our TL will not answer the door until 5 min before shift starts.

This is our store policy. (And, don't even think of buzzing before then, because if you do we'll make you wait longer.) We also tell people to wait at least 3 minutes before buzzing again to give us time to get to the door. If know one has answered and you are past your start time, then call the store. We have dead zones in the store where the buzzer doesn't work, but we always have at least have a TL and a fulfillment TM signed into the phone before the store opens to take call outs.

I figured the 'five minutes before and after' the half hour mark was the general policy. I've arrived at 3:58 and didn't get in because inbound TL 'didn't hear the doorbell'. It was a free half hour of work, I guess. I just want to make sure I have the ammo if she decides to try to coach me for 'being late'. She's told me that I need to be there 10 min before my shift starts and stuff like that, too. I don't fall for the BS, she tends to leave me alone now that I've called her out on it.

Back